Almost Ideal Area Yield Crop Insurance Contracts
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Bardsley, Peter & Abey, Arun & Davenport, Scott V., 1984.
"The Economics Of Insuring Crops Against Drought,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 28(01), April.
- Peter Bardsley & Arun Abey & Scott V. Davenport, 1984. "The Economics Of Insuring Crops Against Drought," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 28(1), pages 1-14, April.
- John C. Quiggin, 1986. "A Note On The Viability Of Rainfall Insurance," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 30(1), pages 63-69, April.
- Arnott, Richard J & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1988. " The Basic Analytics of Moral Hazard," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(3), pages 383-413.
- Somwaru, Agapi & Makki, Shiva S. & Coble, Keith H., 1998. "Adverse Selection In The Market For Crop Insurance," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 21002, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Fraser, Rob W., 1992. "An Analysis Of Willingness-To-Pay For Crop Insurance," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 36(01), April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:495:y:2018:i:c:p:312-323 is not listed on IDEAS
- Deng, Xiaohui & Barnett, Barry J. & Hoogenboom, Gerrit & Yu, Yingzhuo & Garcia, Axel Garcia y, 2008. "Alternative Crop Insurance Indexes," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(01), pages 223-237, April.
- Deng, Xiaohui & Barnett, Barry J. & Hoogenboom, Gerrit & Yu, Yingzhuo & Garcia, Axel, 2006. "Evaluating the Efficiency of Crop Index Insurance Products," 2006 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2006, Orlando, Florida 35333, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Geoffroy Enjolras & Robert Kast & Patrick Sentis, 2009. "Diversification in Area-Yield Crop Insurance : The Multi Linear Additive Model," Working Papers 09-15, LAMETA, Universitiy of Montpellier, revised Nov 2009.
- Phelippe-Guinvarc'h, Martial V. & Cordier, Jean E., 2006. "A private management strategy for the crop yield insurer: A theoretical approach and tests," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 35-46, August.
- Jensen, Nathaniel D. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Mude, Andrew G., 2014. "Basis Risk and the Welfare Gains from Index Insurance: Evidence from Northern Kenya," MPRA Paper 59153, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robert Kast, 2011. "Managing financial risks due to natural catastrophes," Working Papers hal-00610241, HAL.
- Mahul, Olivier & Vermersch, Dominique, 1999. "Hedging Crop Risk With Yield Insurance Futures And Options," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21672, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Bougherara, Douadia & Piet, Laurent, 2014.
"The Impact of Farmers’ Risk Preferences on the Design of an Individual Yield Crop Insurance,"
2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia
183082, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Laurent Piet & Douadia Bougherara, 2016. "The impact of farmers' risk preferences on the design of an individual yield crop insurance," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 16-03, INRA UMR SMART-LERECO.
- Bokusheva, Raushan & Breustedt, Gunnar & Heidelbach, Olaf, 2007. "Ex-ante evaluation of weather-based index insurance and area-yield insurance for reducing crop yield risk," 101st Seminar, July 5-6, 2007, Berlin Germany 9250, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Weaver, Robert D. & Kim, Taeho, 2002. "Designing Crop Insurance to Manage Moral Hazard Costs," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24784, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Turvey, Calum G. & Islam, Zahirul, 1995.
"Equity and efficiency considerations in area versus individual yield insurance,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 12(1), April.
- Turvey, Calum G. & Islam, Zahirul, 1995. "Equity and efficiency considerations in area versus individual yield insurance," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 23-35, April.
- Bokusheva, Raushan & Breustedt, Gunnar & Heidelbach, Olaf, 2006. "Measurement and Comparison of Risk Reduction by Means of Farm Yield, Area Yield, and Weather Index Crop Insurance Schemes - The Case of Kazakhstani Wheat Farms," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25523, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Yehouenou, Lauriane S. M. & Barnett, Barry J. & Harri, Ardian & Coble, Keith H., 2016. "An Analysis of Factors Affecting Bias and Inefficiency in Area Yield Indexes Based on Aggregated Farm Yields," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 230081, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:agrerw:v:23:y:1994:i:01:p:75-83_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_AGE .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.