Rent Seeking and Rent Dissipation: A Critical View
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- McCormick, Robert E & Shughart, William F, II & Tollison, Robert D, 1984. "The Disinterest in Deregulation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 1075-1079, December.
- Robert D. Tollison, 1982. "Rent Seeking: A Survey," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 575-602, November.
- R. H. Coase, 2013. "The Federal Communications Commission," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56(4), pages 879-915.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mehrdad Vahabi, 2011. "The Economics of Destructive Power," Chapters, in: Derek L. Braddon & Keith Hartley (ed.), Handbook on the Economics of Conflict, chapter 5, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Furtan, William Hartley & Jensen, Maria Skovager & Sauer, Johannes, 2008. "Rent Seeking and the Common Agricultural Policy: Do member countries free ride on lobbying?," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6600, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Furtan, H. & Jensen, M.S. & Sauer, J., 2009. "Rent Seeking and the Common Agricultural Policy: Do member countries free ride in lobying?," Proceedings “Schriften der Gesellschaft für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften des Landbaues e.V.”, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA), vol. 44, March.
- John Lott & Morgan Reynolds, 1989. "Production costs and deregulation," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 61(2), pages 183-186, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Enrico Colombatto, 2000. "An Explanation of the Dynamics of Protectionism," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 279-293, July.
- Eaton, Jonathan, 1989. "Monopoly Wealth and International Debt," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(1), pages 33-48, February.
- Michael A. Brooks & Ben J. Heudra, 1989. "An Exploration of Rent Seeking," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 65(1), pages 32-50, March.
- repec:elg:eechap:15325_11 is not listed on IDEAS
- William R. Dougan, 2017. "Robert D. Tollison: an appreciation," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 171(1), pages 33-37, April.
- Tarr, David, 1991. "When does rent-seeking augment the benefits of price and trade reform on rationed commodities? : estimates for automobiles and color televisions in Poland," Policy Research Working Paper Series 741, The World Bank.
- Amihai Glazer & Stef Proost, 2020. "Benefits to the majority from universal service," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 27(2), pages 391-408, April.
- McCloskey, Deirdre Nansen, 2009. "The Institution of Douglass North," MPRA Paper 21768, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arye Hillman & Dov Samet, 1987. "Dissipation of contestable rents by small numbers of contenders," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 54(1), pages 63-82, January.
- repec:elg:eechap:15325_21 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marcin Kalinowski, 2005. "Ekonomiczne przesłanki lobbingu w świetle teorii public choice," Gospodarka Narodowa. The Polish Journal of Economics, Warsaw School of Economics, issue 7-8, pages 29-44.
- Auty, R. M., 2003. "Third time lucky for Algeria? Integrating an industrializing oil-rich country into the global economy," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(1-2), pages 37-47.
- Robin Douhan & Magnus Henrekson, 2010.
"Entrepreneurship and second-best institutions: going beyond Baumol’s typology,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 629-643, August.
- Douhan, Robin & Henrekson, Magnus, 2008. "Entrepreneurship and Second-best Institutions: Going Beyond Baumol’s Typology," Working Paper Series 766, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 27 Aug 2009.
- Bruno S. Frey & Paolo Pamini & Lasse Steiner, 2011.
"What Determines The World Heritage List? An Econometric Analysis,"
CREMA Working Paper Series
2011-01, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Bruno S. Frey & Paolo Pamini & Lasse Steiner, 2011. "What determines the World Heritage List? An econometric analysis," ECON - Working Papers 001, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Peter Boettke, 2017. "Robert Tollison and operationalizing public choice," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 171(1), pages 17-22, April.
- Sami Dakhlia & Paul Pecorino, 2006.
"Rent-seeking with scarce talent: A model of preemptive hiring,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 129(3), pages 475-486, December.
- Sami Dakhlia & Paul Pecorino, 2005. "Rent-seeking with scarce talent: a model of preemptive hiring," Microeconomics 0505002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mignamissi, Dieudonné & Kuete, Flora Yselle, 2020. "Resource rents and happiness on a global perspective: The resource curse revisited," MPRA Paper 99928, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bruno S. Frey & Lasse Steiner, 2010.
"World Heritage List: does it make sense?,"
IEW - Working Papers
484, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Bruno S. Frey & Lasse Steiner, 2010. "World Heritage List: Does It Make Sense?," CREMA Working Paper Series 2010-11, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Bruno S. Frey & Lasse Steiner, 2010. "World Heritage List: Does it Make Sense?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3078, CESifo.
- Douglas Davis & Robert Reilly, 1998.
"Do too many cooks always spoil the stew? An experimental analysis of rent-seeking and the role of a strategic buyer,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 95(1), pages 89-115, April.
- Davis, Douglas D & Reilly, Robert J, 1998. "Do Too Many Cooks Always Spoil the Stew? An Experimental Analysis of Rent-Seeking and the Role of a Strategic Buyer," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 95(1-2), pages 89-115, April.
- Paul, Samuel, 1994. "Does voice matter? : for public accountability, yes," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1388, The World Bank.
- Yogesh Uppal, 2011.
"Does legislative turnover adversely affect state expenditure policy? Evidence from Indian state elections,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 147(1), pages 189-207, April.
- Uppal, Yogesh, 2009. "Does legislative turnover adversely affect state expenditure policy? Evidence from Indian state elections," MPRA Paper 15657, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- van Lent, L.A.G.M., 1995. "Pressure and politics in financial accounting regulation," Research Memorandum FEW 686, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
More about this item
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
- Z0 - Other Special Topics - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cto:journl:v:7:y:1987:i:2:p:431-440. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Emily Ekins). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/catoous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.