The Structure of Real Interest Rates in Chile
This paper describes the structure of real interest rates (the real yield curve) in Chile and shows its evolution through time. It provides a practical tool for the systematic study of the determinants of Chilean yield curves. Empirical estimations are based on transaction and auction data for Central Bank bonds and pension recognition bonds issued by the government, applying the Nelson and Siegel method. Estimation results are used to measure the liquidity premium in the market maker’s bond yield, simulate the evolution of the very short and long-term rates, and analyze issues of Central Bank zero-coupon bonds and the response of domestic interest rates to local and international economic events.
Volume (Year): 3 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (562) 670 2000
Fax: (562) 698 4847
Web page: http://www.bcentral.cl/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arturo Estrella & Gikas A. Hardouvelis, 1989.
"The term structure as a predictor of real economic activity,"
8907, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Estrella, Arturo & Hardouvelis, Gikas A, 1991. " The Term Structure as a Predictor of Real Economic Activity," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 555-76, June.
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
- Svensson, L.E.O., 1993.
"Monetary Policy with Flexible Exchange Rates and Foreward Interest Rates as Indicators,"
559, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Svensson, Lars E O, 1994. "Monetary Policy with Flexible Exchange Rates and Forward Interest Rates as Indicators," CEPR Discussion Papers 941, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lars E.O. Svensson, 1994. "Monetary Policy with Flexible Exchange Rates and Forward Interest Rates as Indicators," NBER Working Papers 4633, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Geert Bekaert & Robert J. Hodrick & David A. Marshall, 1997.
""Peso Problem" Explanations for Term Structure Anomalies,"
NBER Working Papers
6147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bekaert, Geert & Hodrick, Robert J. & Marshall, David A., 2001. "Peso problem explanations for term structure anomalies," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 241-270, October.
- Geert Bekaert & Robert J. Hodrick & David A. Marshall, 1997. ""Peso problem" explanations for term structure anomalies," Working Paper Series, Issues in Financial Regulation WP-97-07, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Lars E.O. Svensson, 1994.
"Estimating and Interpreting Forward Interest Rates: Sweden 1992 - 1994,"
NBER Working Papers
4871, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lars E. O. Svensson, 1994. "Estimating and Interpreting Forward Interest Rates; Sweden 1992-1994," IMF Working Papers 94/114, International Monetary Fund.
- Svensson, L.E.O., 1994. "Estimating and Interpreting Foreward Interest Rates: Sweden 1992-1994," Papers 579, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Jim Day & Ron Lange, 1997. "The Structure of Interest Rates in Canada: Information Content about Medium-Term Inflation," Working Papers 97-10, Bank of Canada.
- Svensson, Lars E O, 1994. "Estimating and Interpreting Forward Interest Rates: Sweden 1992-4," CEPR Discussion Papers 1051, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roma, Antonio & Torous, Walter, 1997. " The Cyclical Behavior of Interest Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(4), pages 1519-42, September.
- Barry Cozier & Greg Tkacz, .
"The Term Structure and Real Activity in Canada,"
94-3, Bank of Canada.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Nelson, Charles R & Siegel, Andrew F, 1987. "Parsimonious Modeling of Yield Curves," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(4), pages 473-89, October.
- Kamara, Avraham, 1997. " The Relation between Default-Free Interest Rates and Expected Economic Growth Is Stronger Than You Think," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(4), pages 1681-94, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chb:bcchec:v:3:y:2000:i:2:p:31-52. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Sepulveda)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.