Correlations Between Fiscal - Budgetary Policy And The Economic Development In Romania
Using fiscal policy in order to achieve non-financial targets long is no longer a novelty, the economic development being a priority for any country, the government being interested by the levers that can be used in this sense. In the paper is realised an analysis regarding the level of taxation, the evolution of the main components of state budget and the effects fiscal and budgetary policy on economic development in Romania in the period 1991 - 2011. The conclusion that can be detached is that the formulation a fiscal policy and budgetary on long-term, its correlation with the monetary policy, the ensuring an optimal proportion between consumption expenditures and those for development and avoiding to the financing of public expenditure through loans are elements that ensure the economic development. In Romania, the fiscal and budgetary policies promoted after 1990 have not been correlated with the cyclicity of economic life, being often intended to reduce the conventional deficit.
Volume (Year): 3 (2012)
Issue (Month): (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Str. Victoriei 24, Targu-Jiu, Gorj|
Phone: 004 0253 211062
Web page: http://www.utgjiu.ro/fse_new/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christian E. Weller & Manita Rao, 2008. "Can Progressive Taxation Contribute to Economic Development?," Working Papers wp176, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Eric M. Engen & Jonathan Skinner, 1996. "Taxation and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 5826, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Easterly, William & Rebelo, Sergio, 1993.
"Fiscal policy and economic growth: An empirical investigation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 417-458, December.
- William Easterly & Sergio Rebelo, 1993. "Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation," NBER Working Papers 4499, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Easterly, William & Rebelo, Sérgio, 1994. "Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation," CEPR Discussion Papers 885, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ioan Talpos & Bogdan Dima & Mihai Ioan Mutascu & Cosmin Eugen Enache, 2008. "Tax Politcy and Social Output: The UE Case," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 8(8(525)), pages 09-30, August.
- Stephen J. Turnovsky, 1999. "Fiscal Policy and Growth in a Small Open Economy with Elastic Labor Supply," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 32(5), pages 1191-1214, November. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbu:jrnlec:y:2012:v:3:p:98-103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ecobici Nicolae)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.