Assurance maladie et redistribution : le cas de l'arrêt maladie
This article studies the role of an exclusive social insurance as a redistributive mechanism in presence of an optimal linear income tax. Agents differ in labor productivity and in loss probability. In case of illness, they suffer a health care expenditure and an income loss. The purpose is to determine the conditions under which a uniform health care coverage and an individual income based on personal income allow income redistribution. Is a complete social insurance optimal?
Volume (Year): 71 (2005)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-recherches-economiques-de-louvain.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dominique Henriet & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2006.
"Is public health insurance an appropriate instrument for redistribution?,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics,
GENES, issue 83-84, pages 61-88.
- Henriet, D. & Rochet, J.-C., 1998. "Is Public Health Insurance an Appropriate Instrument for Redistribution," Papers 98.512, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Cremer, H. & Pestieau, P., .
"Redistributive taxation and social insurance,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
1235, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- BOADWAY, Robin & LEITE-MONTEIR, Manuel & MARCHAND, Maurice & PESTIEAU, Pierre, .
"Social insurance and redistribution,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
1643, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- BOADWAY, Robin & LEITE-MONTEIRO, Manuel & MARCHAND, Maurice & PESTIEAU, Pierre, 2001. "Social insurance and redistribution," CORE Discussion Papers 2001041, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Robin Boadway & Manuel Leite-Monteiro & Maurice Marchand & Pierre Pestieau, 2002. "Social Insurance and Redistribution," Working Papers 1004, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Atkinson, A. B. & Stiglitz, J. E., 1976. "The design of tax structure: Direct versus indirect taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 55-75.
- Blomqvist, Ake & Horn, Henrik, 1984. "Public health insurance and optimal income taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 353-371, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cai:reldbu:rel_714_0427. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.