Monte Carlo Tennis: A Stochastic Markov Chain Model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark Glickman, 2001. "Dynamic paired comparison models with stochastic variances," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(6), pages 673-689.
- Mark Walker & John Wooders, 2001. "Minimax Play at Wimbledon," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1521-1538, December.
- Mark E. Glickman, 1999. "Parameter Estimation in Large Dynamic Paired Comparison Experiments," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 48(3), pages 377-394.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- On probability of winning a tennis match
by Daniel Korzekwa in Betting Exchange Research Blog on 2012-02-04 15:29:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bizzozero, Paolo & Flepp, Raphael & Franck, Egon, 2016.
"The importance of suspense and surprise in entertainment demand: Evidence from Wimbledon,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 47-63.
- Paolo Bizzozero & Raphael Flepp & Egon Franck, 2016. " The Importance of Suspense and Surprise in Entertainment Demand: Evidence from Wimbledon," Working Papers 357, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Pettigrew Stephen, 2014. "How the West will be won: using Monte Carlo simulations to estimate the effects of NHL realignment," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 10(3), pages 1-11, September.
- Noubary Reza D. & Coles Drue, 2011. "Rule of Tangent for Win-By-Two Games," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 7(4), pages 1-18, October.
- Heiny Erik L. & Heiny Robert Lowell, 2014. "Stochastic model of the 2012 PGA Tour season," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 10(4), pages 1-13, December.
- Goldner Keith, 2012. "A Markov Model of Football: Using Stochastic Processes to Model a Football Drive," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-18, March.
- Pasteur R. Drew & Janning Michael C., 2011. "Monte Carlo Simulation for High School Football Playoff Seed Projection," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 7(2), pages 1-10, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:jqsprt:v:5:y:2009:i:3:n:7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.