On Equilibrium Determinacy in New Keynesian Models with Staggered Wage and Price Setting
This paper shows that an analytical analysis of the determinacy properties of the New Keynesian model with both staggered wages and prices is possible, despite the high dimensional nature (4D) of this model, if it is appropriately reformulated in continuous time. Our analysis supports Galí's (2008) numerical findings on the determinacy frontier and its reformulated Taylor principle, where a generalized Taylor rule that employs a weighted combination of wage and price inflation as a measure of the inflation gap is used.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 8 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.degruyter.com|
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/bejm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aadland, David & Huang, Kevin X. D., 2004.
"Consistent high-frequency calibration,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 2277-2295, October.
- David Aadland & Kevin Huang, 2002. "Consistent High-Frequency Calibration," Working Papers 2002-01, Utah State University, Department of Economics.
- Kevin X.D. Huang & David Aadland, 2003. "Consistent High-Frequency Calibration," Computing in Economics and Finance 2003 172, Society for Computational Economics.
- David Aadland & Kevin X.D. Huang, 2002. "Consistent High-Frequency Calibration," Macroeconomics 0211007, EconWPA, revised 08 Jan 2003.
- Erceg, Christopher J. & Henderson, Dale W. & Levin, Andrew T., 2000. "Optimal monetary policy with staggered wage and price contracts," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 281-313, October.
- Andrew Levin & Christopher J. Erceg & Dale W. Henderson, 1999. "Optimal Monetary Policy with Staggered Wage and Price Contracts," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 1151, Society for Computational Economics.
- Christopher J. Erceg & Dale W. Henderson & Andrew T. Levin, 1999. "Optimal monetary policy with staggered wage and price contracts," International Finance Discussion Papers 640, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hintermaier, Thomas, 2005. "A sunspot paradox," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 285-290, May.
- Hintermaier, Thomas, 2004. "A Sunspot Paradox," Economics Series 150, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Foley, Duncan K, 1975. "On Two Specifications of Asset Equilibrium in Macroeconomic Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(2), pages 303-324, April. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)