Can economic theory explain piracy behavior?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Antonio Andrés, 2006. "The relationship between copyright software protection and piracy: Evidence from europe," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 29-51, January.
- Mandel Philipp & Süssmuth Bernd, 2012. "Determinants of Digital Piracy: A Re-examination of Results," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 232(4), pages 394-413, August.
- Antonio R Andrés & Simplice Asongu, 2016.
"Global trajectories, dynamics, and tendencies of business software piracy: benchmarking IPRs harmonization,"
Journal of Economic Studies,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 43(5), pages 780-800, October.
- Simplice Anutechia Asongu & Antonio Andrés, 2014. "Global trajectories, dynamics, and tendencies of business software piracy: benchmarking IPRs harmonization," AAYE Policy Research Working Paper Series 14_023, Association of African Young Economists, revised Nov 2014.
- Asongu Simplice & Andrés Antonio, 2014. "Global trajectories, dynamics, and tendencies of business software piracy: benchmarking IPRs harmonization," Working Papers 14/011, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Asongu, Simplice A & Andrés, Antonio R., 2014. "Global trajectories, dynamics, and tendencies of business software piracy: benchmarking IPRs harmonization," MPRA Paper 58755, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simplice Asongu & Pritam Singh & Sara Le Roux, 2016.
"Fighting Software Piracy: Some Global Conditional Policy Instruments,"
16/004, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Asongu, Simplice A & Singh, Pritam & Le Roux, Sara, 2016. "Fighting Software Piracy: Some Global Conditional Policy Instruments," MPRA Paper 73088, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Aug 2016.
- Andrés, Antonio R. & Goel, Rajeev K., 2012. "Does software piracy affect economic growth? Evidence across countries," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 284-295.
- Clayton Davies & Glenn Parry & Janet Carruthers & Marcus Kepple-Palmer, 2015. "The Epistemological Foundations of Music Piracy in the Digital Marketplace," Foresight and STI Governance (Foresight-Russia till No. 3/2015), National Research University Higher School of Economics, vol. 9(4), pages 42-53.
- Justina A.V. Fischer & Antonio Rodríguez Andrés, 2005. "Is Software Piracy a Middle Class Crime? Investigating the inequality-piracy channel," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2005 2005-18, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:85:y:2018:i:c:p:209-225 is not listed on IDEAS
- Insaf Bekir, 2015. "The Causal Relationship between IPR Infringement and Socio-economic Factors," International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 3(12), pages 577-586, December.
- Nora El-Bialy & Antonio Rodríguez Andrés & Ronia Hawash, 2016. "Explaining Software Piracy using a New Set of Indicators," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 7(2), pages 526-544, June.
- Ming Chang & Chiu Lin & Dachrahn Wu, 2008. "Piracy and limited liability," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 95(1), pages 25-53, October.
- Nicolas Dias Gomes & Pedro André Cerqueira & Luís Alçada Almeida, 2014. "Software Piracy: A Critical Survey of the Theoretical and Empirical Literature," GEMF Working Papers 2014-05, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Ivan Png, 2006. "Copyright: A Plea for Empirical Research," Levine's Working Paper Archive 321307000000000484, David K. Levine.
- Antonio Rodriguez Andres, 2006. "Software piracy and income inequality," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 101-105.
- Gomes, Nicolas Dias & Cerqueira, Pedro André & Almeida, Luís Alçada, 2015. "A survey on software piracy empirical literature: Stylized facts and theory," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 29-37.
- David Waterman & Sung Ji & Laura Rochet, 2007. "Enforcement and Control of Piracy, Copying, and Sharing in the Movie Industry," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 30(4), pages 255-289, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:bejeap:v:topics.3:y:2003:i:1:n:5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.