Do Economists Recognize an Opportunity Cost When They See One? A Dismal Performance from the Dismal Science
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniel F. Stone, 2015. "Clarifying (Opportunity) Costs," The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 60(1), pages 20-25, May.
- James K. Self & William E. Becker, 2016.
"Teaching and Learning Alternatives to a Comparative Advantage Motivation for Trade,"
The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 61(2), pages 178-190, October.
- James K. Self & William E. Becker, 2015. "Teaching and Learning Alternatives to a Comparative Advantage Motivation for Trade," CESifo Working Paper Series 5238, CESifo.
- Anthony J Culyer, 2018. "Cost, context and decisions in Health Economics and cost-effectiveness analysis," Working Papers 154cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- William E. Becker, 2007.
"Quit Lying and Address the Controversies: There are No Dogmata, Laws, Rules or Standards in the Science of Economics,"
The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 51(1), pages 3-14, March.
- Becker, William E., 2007. "Quit lying and address the controversies: there are no dogmata, laws, rules or standards in the science of economics," MPRA Paper 39958, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rod O'Donnell, 2010. "Opportunities Lost and Regained in the Land of Opportunity Cost," Working Paper Series 163, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Luke M. Froeb & James C. Ward, 2011. "Teaching Managerial Economics with Problems Instead of Models," Chapters, in: Gail M. Hoyt & KimMarie McGoldrick (ed.), International Handbook on Teaching and Learning Economics, chapter 59, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Basu Sudipta & Waymire Gregory B., 2019. "Historical Cost and Conservatism Are Joint Adaptations That Help Identify Opportunity Cost," Accounting, Economics, and Law: A Convivium, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-13, March.
- Sheetal Bharat, 2020. "Opportunity Cost: Beginning, Evolution And A Much-Needed Clarification," BASE University Working Papers 02/2020, BASE University, Bengaluru, India.
- Cole, Scott, 2012. "Equity over Efficiency: A Problem of Credibility in Scaling Resource-Based Compensatory?," CERE Working Papers 2012:12, CERE - the Center for Environmental and Resource Economics.
- Howden, David, 2016. "Finance Behind the Veil of Money: Response to Dr. Braun’s Comment," MPRA Paper 79798, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lee C. Spector & Courtenay C. Stone, 2010. "Suspicious Estimates of Ex Ante Real Interest Rates: Evidence of Macroeconomic Malpractice?," Working Papers 201010, Ball State University, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2010.
- Frank G. Sandmann & Julie V. Robotham & Sarah R. Deeny & W. John Edmunds & Mark Jit, 2018. "Estimating the opportunity costs of bed‐days," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(3), pages 592-605, March.
- Marc F. Bellemare, 2018. "Contract farming: opportunity cost and tradeâ€ offs," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 49(3), pages 279-288, May.
- Daniel Arce & Sherry Li, 2011. "Profits, Layoffs, and Priorities," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 101(1), pages 49-60, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:bejeap:v:contributions.4:y:2005:i:1:n:7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.