Suspicious Estimates of Ex Ante Real Interest Rates: Evidence of Macroeconomic Malpractice?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ferraro Paul J & Taylor Laura O, 2005. "Do Economists Recognize an Opportunity Cost When They See One? A Dismal Performance from the Dismal Science," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-14, September.
- Philip R. P. Coelho & James E. McClure, 2005. "Theory versus Application: Does Complexity Crowd Out Evidence?," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 556-565, January.
- William T. Gavin & Benjamin D. Keen & Michael R. Pakko, 2005. "The monetary instrument matters," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 633-658.
- Bullard, James B., 2013. "Seven Faces of "The Peril"," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 613-628.
- Alejandro Justiniano & Giorgio E. Primiceri, 2010. "Measuring the equilibrium real interest rate," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q I, pages 14-27.
- Weber Ernst Juerg, 2010.
"The Role of the Real Interest Rate in U.S. Macroeconomic History,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-26, April.
- Ernst Juerg Weber, 2007. "The Role of the Real Interest Rate in US Macroeconomic History," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 07-01, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- William T. Gavin, 2010. "Deflation and the Fisher equation," Economic Synopses, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
More about this item
Keywordsex ante real interest rate; estimation problems;
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
- E0 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General
- E3 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-12-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2010-12-23 (Central Banking)
- NEP-ECM-2010-12-23 (Econometrics)
- NEP-MON-2010-12-23 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bsu:wpaper:201010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tung Liu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/debsuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.