Process and Product Innovation and the Role of the Preference Function
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Qiu, Larry D. & Zhou, Wen, 2013. "Multiproduct firms and scope adjustment in globalization," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 142-153.
- Debasmita Basak & Andreas Hoefele & Arijit Mukherjee, 2014. "Union Bargaining Power and Product Innovation: Relevance of the Preference Function," CESifo Working Paper Series 5007, CESifo.
- Rosenkranz, Stephanie, 2003. "Simultaneous choice of process and product innovation when consumers have a preference for product variety," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 183-201, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Eckel, Carsten & Unger, Florian, 2015.
"Credit constraints, endogenous innovations, and price setting in international trade,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
24858, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Eckel, Carsten & Unger, Florian, 2016. "Credit constraints, endogenous innovations, and price setting in international trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 11727, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pia Weiss, 2003.
"Adoption of Product and Process Innovations in Differentiated Markets: The Impact of Competition,"
Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 23(3), pages 301-314, December.
- Pia Weiss, 2003. "Adoption of Product and Process Innovations in Differentiated Markets: The Impact of Competition," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 23(3_4), pages 301-314, December.
- Thanh Doan, Ha Thi, 2019.
"Multi-product Firms, Tariff Liberalization, and Product Churning in Vietnamese Manufacturing,"
ADBI Working Papers
918, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Ha Thi Thanh Doan, 2019. "Multi- Product Firms, Tariff Liberalization and Product Churning in Vietnamese Manufacturing," Working Papers id:12984, eSocialSciences.
- Fontagné, Lionel & Secchi, Angelo & Tomasi, Chiara, 2018. "Exporters’ product vectors across markets," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 150-180.
- Andrea Conte & Marco Vivarelli, 2014.
"Succeeding in innovation: key insights on the role of R&D and technological acquisition drawn from company data,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 1317-1340, December.
- Conte, Andrea & Vivarelli, Marco, 2013. "Succeeding in Innovation: Key Insights on the Role of R&D and Technological Acquisition Drawn from Company Data," IZA Discussion Papers 7671, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Lili Yan Ing & Wei Tian & Maiojie Yu, "undated". "China’s Processing Trade and Value Chains," Working Papers DP-2018-02, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Lopresti, John, 2016. "Multiproduct firms and product scope adjustment in trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 160-173.
- Cahill, Sean & Rich, Tabitha & Cozzarin, Brian, 2015. "Innovation in the Canadian Food Processing Industry: Evidence from the Workplace and Employee Survey," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 18(2), pages 1-22, May.
- Eckel, Carsten & Irlacher, Michael, 2017. "Multi-product offshoring," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 71-89.
- Massimo Motta, 2013. "Advertising bans," SERIEs: Journal of the Spanish Economic Association, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 4(1), pages 61-81, March.
- Banholzer, Nicolas & Behrens, Vanessa & Feuerriegel, Stefan & Heinrich, Sebastian & Rammer, Christian & Schmoch, Ulrich & Seliger, Florian & Wörter, Martin, 2019. "Knowledge spillovers from product and process inventions in patents and their impact on firm performance. End report," ZEW Expertises, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research, number 222367, March.
- Lambertini, Luca & Mantovani, Andrea, 2009.
"Process and product innovation by a multiproduct monopolist: A dynamic approach,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 508-518, July.
- L. Lambertini & A. Mantovani, 2005. "Process and Product Innovation by a Multiproduct Monopolist: A Dynamic Approach," Working Papers 551, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Debasmita Basak & Arijit Mukherjee, 2011. "Unionisation structure and product innovation," Discussion Papers 11/12, University of Nottingham, School of Economics.
- Chakraborty, Pavel & Henry, Michael, 2019.
"Chinese competition and product variety of Indian firms,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 367-395.
- Pavel Chakraborty & Michael Henry, 2018. "Chinese Competition and Product Variety of Indian Firms," Working Papers 245425397, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Upward, Richard & Wang, Zheng, 2016. "Quota restrictions and intra-firm reallocations: Evidence from Chinese exports to the US," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 71-74.
- Lisandra Flach & Michael Irlacher, 2018.
"Product versus Process: Innovation Strategies of Multiproduct Firms,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 10(1), pages 236-277, February.
- Lisandra Flach & Michael Irlacher, 2015. "Product versus Process: Innovation Strategies of Multi-Product Firms," CESifo Working Paper Series 5405, CESifo.
- Flach, Lisandra & Irlacher, Michael, 2017. "Product versus Process: Innovation Strategies of Multi-Product Firms," CEPR Discussion Papers 11922, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrea Mantovani, 2006.
"Complementarity between product and process innovation in a monopoly setting,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 219-234.
- A. Mantovani, 2005. "Complementarity between Product and Process innovation in a Monopoly Setting," Working Papers 533, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Cui Hu & Faqin Lin & Xiaosong Wang, 2016. "Learning from exporting in China," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 24(2), pages 299-334, April.
- Yong-Seok Choi & Chin Hee Hahn, 2017. "Import Tariff Reductions and Adjustment of Plant's Product Portfolio in the Domestic and Export Market in Korea," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 55(3), pages 210-229, September.
- HUR, Jung & YOON, Haeyeon, 2018. "Product Dynamics and Trade Liberalization: Evidence from the Korea-US FTA," Discussion paper series HIAS-E-82, Hitotsubashi Institute for Advanced Study, Hitotsubashi University.
More about this item
Keywordspreference function; process innovation; product innovation;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:bejeap:v:16:y:2016:i:4:p:5:n:1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Peter Golla (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.