Enhancing The Image & Brand Equity Of A Shopping Mall
With the changing lifestyles, incomes and Shopping Habits, there is a lot of scope for organized retailing which is growing day by day. Shopping Malls are really helping these Retail giants by providing them the infrastructure required by them to grow fast. The present study is based on the Multiple Drivers of Growth & the issues being faced today by these shopping Malls when more are coming up but they are not able to find the right rentals nor the footfalls required. Therefore, before planning for a mall, Developers should Position their property according to Customer Profile. It is suggested that they should not act as realtor, because poor mall management and poor tenant mix have resulted in low mall traffic and low conversion rate (8-10 percent only). They must know their customers in the area well and try to have a tenant mix as per the target customers. Create USP for their Malls and have the right rentals for their shopkeepers because high rentals will lead to less profit for their shop owners. The Mall developer should create an ambience and maintain a hygienic and a clean environment for family members to shop and come again and again making their shop owners more profitable in future.
Volume (Year): 8 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3 (Decembre)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences Dumbravii Avenue, No 17, postal code 550324, Sibiu, Romania|
Phone: 004 0269 210375
Fax: 004 0269 210375
Web page: http://economice.ulbsibiu.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- LAURENT, Gilles & CHANDON, Pierre & WANSINK, Brian, 2000. "A benefit congruency framework of sales promotion effectiveness," Les Cahiers de Recherche 698, HEC Paris.
- Richins, Marsha L & Dawson, Scott, 1992. " A Consumer Values Orientation for Materialism and Its Measurement: Scale Development and Validation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 303-16, December.
- Brunso, Karen & Scholderer, Joachim & Grunert, Klaus G., 2004. "Closing the gap between values and behavior--a means-end theory of lifestyle," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(6), pages 665-670, June.
- Kaul Subhashini, . "Hedonism and Culture: Impact on Shopper Behaviour," IIMA Working Papers WP2006-10-04, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Swinyard, William R, 1993. " The Effects of Mood, Involvement, and Quality of Store Experience on Shopping Intentions," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(2), pages 271-80, September.
- Bearden, William O & Netemeyer, Richard G & Teel, Jesse E, 1989. " Measurement of Consumer Susceptibility to Interpersonal Influence," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(4), pages 473-81, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:blg:journl:v:8:y:2013:i:3:p:72-81. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mihaela Herciu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.