Market Implications of Public Policy Interventions: The Case of Florida's Property Insurance Market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kunreuther, Howard & Kleffner, Anne E, 1992. "Should Earthquake Mitigation Measures Be Voluntary or Required?," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 321-333, December.
- Cummins, J David & Phillips, Richard D & Weiss, Mary A, 2001.
"The Incentive Effects of No-Fault Automobile Insurance,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(2), pages 427-464, October.
- J. David Cummins & Mary A. Weiss & Richard D. Phillips, 1999. "The Incentive Effects of No Fault Automobile Insurance," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 99-38, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Cassandra R. Cole & David A. Macpherson & Patrick F. Maroney & Kathleen A. McCullough & James W. (Jay) Newman, Jr & Charles Nyce, 2011. "The Use of Postloss Financing of Catastrophic Risk," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 14(2), pages 265-298, September.
- Herring, Richard J & Vankudre, Prashant, 1987. " Growth Opportunities and Risk-Taking by Financial Intermediaries," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 583-599, July.
- Kaplow, Louis, 1991. "Incentives and Government Relief for Risk," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 167-175, April.
- Cummins, J. David & Doherty, Neil & Lo, Anita, 2002. "Can insurers pay for the "big one"? Measuring the capacity of the insurance market to respond to catastrophic losses," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2-3), pages 557-583, March.
- Anne Gron, 1994. "Capacity Constraints and Cycles in Property-Casualty Insurance Markets," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(1), pages 110-127, Spring.
- Dionne, Georges & Eeckhoudt, Louis, 1985.
"Self-insurance, self-protection and increased risk aversion,"
Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 39-42.
- Dionne, G. & Eeckhoudt, L., 1984. "Self-Insurance, Self-Protection and Increased Risk Aversion," Cahiers de recherche 8424, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- DIONNE, George & EECKHOUDT, Louis, 1985. "Self-insurance, self-protection and increased risk aversion," CORE Discussion Papers RP 623, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kunreuther, Howard & Pauly, Mark, 2006. "Insurance Decision-Making and Market Behavior," Foundations and Trends(R) in Microeconomics, now publishers, vol. 1(2), pages 63-127, April.
- Harrington, Scott E & Danzon, Patricia M, 2000. "Rate Regulation, Safety Incentives, and Loss Growth in Workers' Compensation Insurance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73(4), pages 569-595, October.
- Kunreuther, Howard C. & Michel-Kerjan, Erwann O., 2011.
"At War with the Weather: Managing Large-Scale Risks in a New Era of Catastrophes,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262516543, January.
- Howard C. Kunreuther & Erwann O. Michel-Kerjan, 2009. "At War with the Weather: Managing Large-Scale Risks in a New Era of Catastrophes," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262012820, January.
- Mary Kelly & Anne E. Kleffner, 2003. "Optimal Loss Mitigation and Contract Design," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 70(1), pages 53-72.
- Martin F. Grace & Robert W. Klein, 2009. "The Perfect Storm: Hurricanes, Insurance, and Regulation," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 12(1), pages 81-124, March.
- Ehrlich, Isaac & Becker, Gary S, 1972. "Market Insurance, Self-Insurance, and Self-Protection," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(4), pages 623-648, July-Aug..
- Stéphane Hallegatte, 2008. "An adaptive regional input-output model and its application to the assessment of the economic cost of Katrina," Post-Print hal-00716550, HAL.
- Cassandra R. Cole & David A. Macpherson & Kathleen A. McCullough, 2010. "A Comparison of Hurricane Loss Models," Journal of Insurance Issues, Western Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 31-53.
- Robert W. Klein & Paul R. Kleindorfer, 1999. "The Supply of Catastrophe Insurance Under Regulatory Constraints," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 99-25, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:pal:gpprii:v:42:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1057_s41288-016-0004-5 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:rmgtin:v:17:y:2014:i:2:p:183-214. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1098-1616 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.