When Does Religion Influence Fertility?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jejeebhoy, Shireen J., 1995. "Women's Education, Autonomy, and Reproductive Behaviour: Experience from Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198290339.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Shireen J. Jejeebhoy & Zeba A. Sathar, 2001. "Women's Autonomy in India and Pakistan: The Influence of Religion and Region," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 27(4), pages 687-712, December.
- Grimm, M., 2005. "Educational policies and poverty reduction in Cote d'Ivoire," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 231-247, March.
- Wolfgang Lurz & Anne Goujon, 2001. "The World's Changing Human Capital Stock: Multi‐State Population Projections by Educational Attainment," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 27(2), pages 323-339, June.
- M. Shahe Emran & Fenohasina Maret-Rakotondrazaka & Stephen C. Smith, 2014.
"Education and Freedom of Choice: Evidence from Arranged Marriages in Vietnam,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(4), pages 481-501, April.
- Stephen C. Smith & M. Shahe Emran & Fenohasina Maret, 2009. "Education and Freedom of Choice: Evidence from Arranged Marriages in Vietnam," Working Papers 2009-15, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Emran, M. Shahe & Maret-Rakotondrazaka, Fenohasina & Smith, Stephen C., 2012. "Education and Freedom of Choice: Evidence from Arranged Marriages in Vietnam," IZA Discussion Papers 6862, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Magadi, Monica Akinyi & Agwanda, Alfred O. & Obare, Francis O., 2007. "A comparative analysis of the use of maternal health services between teenagers and older mothers in sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS)," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(6), pages 1311-1325, March.
- Jungho Kim, 2010. "Women's Education and Fertility: An Analysis of the Relationship between Education and Birth Spacing in Indonesia," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(4), pages 739-774, July.
- Prajapati, Hari Ram, 2014. "An Application of Game Theory in Strategic Decision of Family Planning," MPRA Paper 105491, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Riikka Shemeikka & Veijo Notkola & Harri Siiskonen, 2005. "Fertility decline in North-Central Namibia," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 13(4), pages 83-116.
- Dennis A. Ahlburg, 2002. "Does Population Matter? A Review Essay," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 28(2), pages 329-360, June.
- Maddox, Bryan, 2007. "Worlds Apart? Ethnographic Reflections on "Effective Literacy" and Intrahousehold Externalities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 532-541, March.
- Kodila-Tedika, Oasis, 2018. "Does Masculinity Matter for Female Leaders? Evidence in cross-section countries," MPRA Paper 84776, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tesfalidet Tekelab & Catherine Chojenta & Roger Smith & Deborah Loxton, 2019. "Factors affecting utilization of antenatal care in Ethiopia: A systematic review and meta-analysis," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 14(4), pages 1-24, April.
- Ghosh, Sudeshna, 2017. "South Asian Countries : Economic Growth and Fertility," MPRA Paper 99891, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David SHAPIRO, 2017. "Linkages between Education and Fertility in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Paper 9fdf2602-7726-42b4-b168-8, Agence française de développement.
- Tamar Goldenberg & Rob Stephenson, 2019. "Applying a deviance framework to understand modern contraceptive use in sub-Saharan Africa," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 14(5), pages 1-13, May.
- Emilio Parrado, 2011. "How High is Hispanic/Mexican Fertility in the United States? Immigration and Tempo Considerations," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 48(3), pages 1059-1080, August.
- Frost, Michelle Bellessa & Forste, Renata & Haas, David W., 2005. "Maternal education and child nutritional status in Bolivia: finding the links," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 395-407, January.
- Lu Gram & Joanna Morrison & Neha Sharma & Bhim Shrestha & Dharma Manandhar & Anthony Costello & Naomi Saville & Jolene Skordis-Worrall, 2017. "Validating an Agency-based Tool for Measuring Women’s Empowerment in a Complex Public Health Trial in Rural Nepal," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 107-135, January.
- Laurie Derose & Øystein Kravdal, 2007. "Educational reversals and first-birth timing in sub-saharan africa: A dynamic multilevel approach," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 44(1), pages 59-77, February.
- Bongoh Kye & Erika Arenas & Graciela Teruel & Luis Rubalcava, 2014. "Education, Elderly Health, and Differential Population Aging in South Korea: A Demographic Approach," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 30(26), pages 753-794.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:popdev:v:30:y:2004:i:1:p:25-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0098-7921 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Wiley Content Delivery (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0098-7921 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.