Wettbewerb in kapitalgedeckten Krankenversicherungssystemen: Ein risikogerechter Ansatz zur Übertragung von Alterungsrückstellungen in der Privaten Krankenversicherung
The capital-funded health insurance system in Germany (the PKV) is afflicted with a lack of competition because insurants lose their ageing provisions if they switch their insurer. Therefore the transfer of „individual ageing provisions″ has been discussed for many years, but it is mostly regarded as impracticable due to information and incentive problems. In this article a transfer mechanism based consequently on the risk allocation in the PKV is derived. This mechanism can solve the information and incentive problems linked with the transfer of ageing provisions. The result is that the PKV can be extended to a very attractive model to organize health insurance markets. Copyright 2008 die Autoren Journal compilation 2008, Verein für Socialpolitik und Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 9 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (05)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1465-6493|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=1465-6493|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cochrane, John H, 1995. "Time-Consistent Health Insurance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(3), pages 445-73, June.
- Volker Meier & Martin Werding, 2007. "Übertragbarkeit risikoabhängiger Alterungsrückstellungen in der Privaten Krankenversicherung," ifo Forschungsberichte, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 38.
- Baumann, Florian & Meier, Volker & Werding, Martin, 2008.
"Transferable ageing provisions in individual health insurance contracts,"
Munich Reprints in Economics
20150, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Florian Baumann & Volker Meier & Martin Werding, 2008. "Transferable Ageing Provisions in Individual Health Insurance Contracts," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9, pages 287-311, 08.
- Florian Baumann & Volker Meier & Martin Werding, 2004. "Transferable Ageing Provisions in Individual Health Insurance Contracts," CESifo Working Paper Series 1116, CESifo Group Munich.
- Florian Baumann & Volker Meier & Martin Werding, 2006. "Transferable Ageing Provisions in Individual Health Insurance Contracts," Ifo Working Paper Series Ifo Working Paper No. 32, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Volker Meier & Florian Baumann & Martin Werding, 2004. "Modelle zur Übertragung individueller Altersrückstellungen beim Wechsel privater Krankenversicherer," ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 14, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:perwir:v:9:y:2008:i:2:p:173-195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.