Für eine Handvoll Euros: Der Markt für Vorträge zur Bewertung des Einflusses der Volkswirtschaftslehre
The belief of many economists that their science has a major impact on the discussion of economic and societal problems is largely based on anecdotal evidence or personal experience. In this article it is proposed to measure the importance with market prices like speaking fees. The results show that economists receive significantly lower fees than journalists and politicians. Due to the restricted data the interpretation has to be done carefully. However, the article may serve as a starting point for using market prices for impact measurement. Copyright 2006 die Autoren Journal compilation 2006, Verein für Socialpolitik und Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 7 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1465-6493|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=1465-6493|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2004.
"Advising Policymakers through the Media,"
The Journal of Economic Education,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 395-406, October.
- Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2004. "Advising Policymakers Through the Media," IZA Discussion Papers 1001, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bruno S. Frey, 2000. "Was Bewirkt die Volkswirtschaftslehre?," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 1(1), pages 5-33, February.
- Bruno S. Frey, "undated". "Was bewirkt die Volkswirtschaftslehre?," IEW - Working Papers 024, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Werner Bönte & Bernd Lucke, 2004. "Qualitätssicherung in der volkswirtschaftlichen Auftragsforschung: Eine Fallstudie und ein Vorschlag," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 5(1), pages 1-22, February.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "The Economics of Superstars," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 845-858, December.
- Bruno S. Frey & Reiner Eichenberger, 1993. "American and European Economics and Economists," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 185-193, Fall. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)