Dimensions of CEO–Board Relations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- DeNisi, Angelo S. & Pritchard, Robert D., 2006. "Performance Appraisal, Performance Management and Improving Individual Performance: A Motivational Framework," Management and Organization Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(02), pages 253-277, July.
- James P Neelankavil & Anil Mathur & Yong Zhang, 2000. "Determinants of Managerial Performance: A Cross-Cultural Comparison of the Perceptions of Middle-Level Managers in Four Countries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 31(1), pages 121-140, March.
- Elizabeth Goad Oliver & Karen S Cravens, 1999. "Cultural Influences on Managerial Choice: An Empirical Study of Employee Benefit Plans in the United States," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 30(4), pages 745-762, December.
- Gupta, Vipin & Hanges, Paul J. & Dorfman, Peter, 2002. "Cultural clusters: methodology and findings," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 11-15, April.
- Mike Geppert & Dirk Matten, 2003. "The Social Construction of Contextual Rationalities in MNCs: An Anglo-German Comparison of Subsidiary Choice," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 617-641, May.
- Leonardo Liberman Yaconi, 2001. "Cross-Cultural Role Expectations in Nine European Country-Units of A Multinational Enterprise," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(8), pages 1187-1215, December.
- Angelo S. DeNisi & Robert D. Pritchard, 2006. "Performance Appraisal, Performance Management and Improving Individual Performance: A Motivational Framework," Management and Organization Review, The International Association for Chinese Management Research, vol. 2(2), pages 253-277, July.
- Said Elbanna & John Child, 2007. "The Influence of Decision, Environmental and Firm Characteristics on the Rationality of Strategic Decision-Making," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(4), pages 561-591, June.
- Fulk, Janet & Brief, Arthur P. & Barr, Steve H., 1985. "Trust-in-supervisor and perceived fairness and accuracy of performance evaluations," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 301-313, August.
- Lenard Huff & Lane Kelley, 2003. "Levels of Organizational Trust in Individualist Versus Collectivist Societies: A Seven-Nation Study," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(1), pages 81-90, February.
- Chuck C Y Kwok & Solomon Tadesse, 2006. "National culture and financial systems," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 37(2), pages 227-247, March.
- William Newburry & Nevena Yakova, 2006. "Standardization preferences: a function of national culture, work interdependence and local embeddedness," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 37(1), pages 44-60, January.
- Karen L Newman & Stanley D Nollen, 1996. "Culture and Congruence: The Fit Between Management Practices and national Culture," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 27(4), pages 753-779, December.
- William H. Murphy, 1999. "Hofstede's National Culture as a Guide for Sales Practices Across Countries: The Case of a MNC's Sales Practices in Australia and New Zealand," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 24(1), pages 37-58, June.
- Michelle Brown & John S. Heywood, 2005. "Performance Appraisal Systems: Determinants and Change," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 43(4), pages 659-679, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rebeca García-Ramos & Belén Díaz-Díaz & Myriam García-Olalla, 2017. "Independent directors, large shareholders and firm performance: the generational stage of family businesses and the socioemotional wealth approach," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 119-156, January.
- Alessandra Capezio & Lin Cui & Helen Hu & John Shields, 2014. "What governs directors’ monitoring behavior in China? The influence of director social identification, learning goal orientation, and avoidance orientation," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 899-924, December.
- Colina Frisch & Markus Huppenbauer, 2014. "New Insights into Ethical Leadership: A Qualitative Investigation of the Experiences of Executive Ethical Leaders," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 123(1), pages 23-43, August.
- Zona, Fabio, 2014. "Board leadership structure and diversity over CEO time in office: A test of the evolutionary perspective on Italian firms," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 672-681.
- O'Shannassy, Timothy & Leenders, Mark A.A.M., 2016. "Avoiding the “too comfortable in the saddle” syndrome: Obtaining high performance from the chairperson, CEO and inside directors," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 5972-5982.
- Arturo Capasso & Giovanni Dagnino, 2014. "Beyond the “silo view” of strategic management and corporate governance: evidence from Fiat, Telecom Italia and Unicredit," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 18(4), pages 929-957, November.
- Akbar, Saeed & Kharabsheh, Buthiena & Poletti-Hughes, Jannine & Shah, Syed Zulfiqar Ali, 2017. "Board structure and corporate risk taking in the UK financial sector," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 101-110.
- Ayse Karaevli & Edward J. Zajac, 2013. "When Do Outsider CEOs Generate Strategic Change? The Enabling Role of Corporate Stability," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(7), pages 1267-1294, November.
- repec:bla:jomstd:v:54:y:2017:i:7:p:1050-1078 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sheila Ellwood & Javier Garcia-Lacalle, 2015. "The Influence of Presence and Position of Women on the Boards of Directors: The Case of NHS Foundation Trusts," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 130(1), pages 69-84, August.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:143:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2808-9 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jomstd:v:48:y:2011:i:8:p:1892-1923. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2380 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.