Competition in the Audit Market: Policy Implications
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Joseph J. Gerakos & Chad Syverson, 2013. "Competition in the Audit Market: Policy Implications," NBER Working Papers 19251, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Omrane Guedhami & Jeffrey A. Pittman & Walid Saffar, 2014. "Auditor Choice in Politically Connected Firms," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 107-162, March.
- Empson, Laura, 2004. "Organizational identity change: managerial regulation and member identification in an accounting firm acquisition," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 759-781, November.
- repec:wly:coacre:v:25:y:2008:i:2:p:415-445 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wly:coacre:v:28:y:2011:i:3:p:859-891 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wly:coacre:v:25:y:2008:i:4:p:1099-1136 is not listed on IDEAS
- Amil Petrin, 2002. "Quantifying the Benefits of New Products: The Case of the Minivan," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(4), pages 705-729, August.
- Joseph A. Herriges & Catherine L. Kling, 1999. "Nonlinear Income Effects in Random Utility Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(1), pages 62-72, February.
- Simunic, Da, 1980. "The Pricing Of Audit Services - Theory And Evidence," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 161-190.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555, December.
- Emilie Feldman, 2006. "A Basic Quantification of the Competitive Implications of the Demise of Arthur Andersen," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 29(3), pages 193-212, November.
- Watts, Ross L & Zimmerman, Jerold L, 1983. "Agency Problems, Auditing, and the Theory of the Firm: Some Evidence," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(3), pages 613-633, October.
- John Asker & Alexander Ljungqvist, 2010. "Competition and the Structure of Vertical Relationships in Capital Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 118(3), pages 599-647, June.
- Numan, Wieteke & Willekens, Marleen, 2012. "An empirical test of spatial competition in the audit market," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 450-465.
- Doogar, Rajib & Easley, Robert F., 1998. "Concentration without differentiation: A new look at the determinants of audit market concentration," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 235-253, June.
- John K. Dagsvik & Anders Karlström, 2005. "Compensating Variation and Hicksian Choice Probabilities in Random Utility Models that are Nonlinear in Income," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 72(1), pages 57-76.
- Willenborg, M, 1999. "Empirical analysis of the economic demand for auditing in the initial public offerings market," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(1), pages 225-238.
- Craswell, Allen T. & Francis, Jere R. & Taylor, Stephen L., 1995. "Auditor brand name reputations and industry specializations," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 297-322, December.
- repec:wly:coacre:v:19:y:2002:i:4:p:637-660 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Duguay, Raphael & Minnis, Michael & Sutherland, Andrew, 2019. "Regulatory Spillovers in Common Audit Markets," MPRA Paper 93669, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:reaccs:v:22:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11142-017-9418-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Mascha, Maureen Francis & Lamboy-Ruiz, Melvin A. & Janvrin, Diane J., 2018. "PCAOB inspections: An analysis of entity-level and application-level control audit deficiencies," International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 19-39.
- Chu, Ling & Simunic, Dan A. & Ye, Minlei & Zhang, Ping, 2018. "Transaction costs and competition among audit firms in local markets," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 129-147.
- Fakhroddin MohammadRezaei & Norman Mohd‐Saleh, 2018. "Audit report lag: the role of auditor type and increased competition in the audit market," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 58(3), pages 885-920, September.
- repec:spr:reaccs:v:22:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11142-017-9429-8 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
- K22 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Business and Securities Law
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L84 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Personal, Professional, and Business Services
- M42 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Auditing
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:joares:v:53:y:2015:i:4:p:725-775. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-8456 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.