Domestic and Foreign Earnings, Stock Return Variability, and the Impact of Investor Sophistication
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael E. Porter, 1992. "Capital Choices: Changing The Way America Invests In Industry," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 5(2), pages 4-16.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cannizzaro, Anthony P. & Weiner, Robert J., 2015. "Multinational investment and voluntary disclosure: Project-level evidence from the petroleum industry," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 32-47.
- Masaki Kusano, 2017. "Does Recognition versus Disclosure Affect Risk Relevance? Evidence from Finance Leases in Japan," Discussion papers e-17-007, Graduate School of Economics , Kyoto University.
- Aabo, Tom & Pantzalis, Christos & Park, Jung Chul, 2015. "Multinationality and opaqueness," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 65-84.
- Lyle, Matthew R. & Wang, Charles C.Y., 2015. "The cross section of expected holding period returns and their dynamics: A present value approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 505-525.
- Jeffrey L. Callen, 2016. "Accounting Valuation and Cost of Equity Capital Dynamics," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 52(1), pages 5-25, March.
- Khan, Mozaffar, 2008. "Are accruals mispriced Evidence from tests of an Intertemporal Capital Asset Pricing Model," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 55-77, March.
- Larcker, David F. & Rusticus, Tjomme O., 2010. "On the use of instrumental variables in accounting research," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 186-205, April.
- Joliet, Robert & Muller, Aline, 2016. "Are foreign earnings disclosures value-relevant?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 170-183.
- Khimich, Natalya, 2017. "A comparison of alternative cash flow and discount rate news proxies," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 31-52.
- Callen, Jeffrey L. & Fang, Xiaohua, 2013. "Institutional investor stability and crash risk: Monitoring versus short-termism?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3047-3063.
- Amine Tarazi & Iftekhar Hasan & Ibrahim Siraj & Qiang Wu, 2016. "Value Relevance of Earnings of Multinational Firms: Regulatory Regimes Associated with Foreign Subsidiaries," Working Papers hal-01360048, HAL.
- Maio, Paulo & Philip, Dennis, 2015. "Macro variables and the components of stock returns," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 287-308.
- Clatworthy, Mark A & Pong, Christopher K.M. & Wong, Woon K., 2009. "Auditor Quality and the Role of Accounting Information in Explaining UK Stock Returns," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2009/9, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section, revised Oct 2011.
- Yaniv Konchitchki, 2016. "Accounting Valuation and Cost of Capital Dynamics: Theoretical and Empirical Macroeconomic Aspects. Discussion of Callen," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 52(1), pages 26-34, March.
- Kai Wai Hui & Clive Lennox & Guochang Zhang, 2014. "The Market's Valuation of Fraudulently Reported Earnings," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(5-6), pages 627-651, June.
- Webb, Kimberley A. & Cahan, Steven F. & Sun, Jerry, 2008. "The effect of globalization and legal environment on voluntary disclosure," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 219-245, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:joares:v:43:y:2005:i:3:p:377-412. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-8456 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.