The Anomaly That Isn't There: A Comment on Friday the Thirteenth
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Benno Torgler, 2003. "It Is About Believing: Superstition and Religiosity," CREMA Working Paper Series 2003-10, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Auer, Benjamin R. & Rottmann, Horst, 2013.
"Is there a Friday the 13th effect in ermerging Asian stock markets?,"
35, University of Applied Sciences Amberg-Weiden (OTH).
- Benjamin R. Auer & Horst Rottmann, 2013. "Is there a Friday the 13th Effect in Emerging Asian Stock Markets?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4409, CESifo Group Munich.
- Shiller, Robert J., 1999.
"Human behavior and the efficiency of the financial system,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 20, pages 1305-1340
- Robert J. Shiller, 1998. "Human Behavior and the Efficiency of the Financial System," NBER Working Papers 6375, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Shiller, 1998. "Human Behavior and the Efficiency of the Financial System," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1172, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Christian Klein & Bernhard Zwergel & Sebastian Heiden, 2009. "On the existence of sports sentiment: the relation between football match results and stock index returns in Europe," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 191-208, November.
- M. Berument & Nukhet Dogan, 2012. "Stock market return and volatility: day-of-the-week effect," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 36(2), pages 282-302, April.
- Torgler, Benno, 2007. "Determinants of superstition," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 713-733, October.
- Gil-Alana, Luis A. & Cunado, Juncal & de Gracia, Fernando Perez, 2013. "Salient features of dependence in daily US stock market indices," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(15), pages 3198-3212.
- Hirshleifer, David & Jian, Ming & Zhang, Huai, 2014. "Superstition and financial decision making," MPRA Paper 58620, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Veera Lenkkeri & Wessel Marquering & Ben Strunkmann-Meister, 2006. "The Friday Effect in European Securitized Real Estate Index Returns," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 31-50, August.
- Woo, Chi-Keung & Horowitz, Ira & Luk, Stephen & Lai, Aaron, 2008. "Willingness to pay and nuanced cultural cues: Evidence from Hong Kong's license-plate auction market," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 35-53, February.
- Glenn Boyle & Andrew Hagan & R. Seini O'Connor & Nick Whitwell, 2004.
"Emotion, fear and superstition in the New Zealand stockmarket,"
New Zealand Economic Papers,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(1), pages 65-85.
- Boyle, Glenn & Hagan, Andrew & O'Connor, R. Seini, 2004. "Emotion, Fear and Superstition in the New Zealand Stockmarket," Working Paper Series 3873, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Reinhold Lamb & Richard Zuber & John Gandar, 2004. "Don't lose sleep on it: a re-examination of the daylight savings time anomaly," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(6), pages 443-446.
- Lei Gao & Gerhard Kling, 2005. "Calendar Effects in Chinese Stock Market," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 6(1), pages 75-88, May.
- Brian Lucey, 2000. "Friday the 13th and the philosophical basis of financial economics," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 24(3), pages 294-301, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:43:y:1988:i:5:p:1285-86. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.