A Comparison of Between-Country Measures of Legal Setting and Enforcement of Accounting Standards
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jiaata:v:17:y:2008:i:1:p:1-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Donal Byard & Ying Li & Yong Yu, 2011. "The Effect of Mandatory IFRS Adoption on Financial Analysts’ Information Environment," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 69-96, March.
- Peter F. Pope & Stuart J. McLeay, 2011. "The European IFRS experiment: objectives, research challenges and some early evidence," Accounting and Business Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(3), pages 233-266, August.
- Leuz, Christian & Nanda, Dhananjay & Wysocki, Peter D., 2003. "Earnings management and investor protection: an international comparison," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 505-527, September.
- Wendy Beekes & Philip Brown, 2006. "Do Better-Governed Australian Firms Make More Informative Disclosures?," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(3-4), pages 422-450.
- Rafael Porta & Florencio Lopez-De-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2006.
"What Works in Securities Laws?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 61(1), pages 1-32, February.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, "undated". "What Works in Securities Laws?," Working Paper 19491, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2006. "What Works in Securities Laws?," Scholarly Articles 27867135, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer, 2003. "What Works in Securities Law?," NBER Working Papers 9882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart & Mastruzzi, Massimo, 2007. "The worldwide governance indicators project : answering the critics," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4149, The World Bank.
- Philip Brown & Victor Niederhoffer, 1968. "The Predictive Content of Quarterly Earnings," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41, pages 488-488.
- Julie Cotter & Ann Tarca & Marvin Wee, 2012. "IFRS adoption and analysts’ earnings forecasts: Australian evidence," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 52(2), pages 395-419, June.
- Ole-Kristian Hope, 2003. "Disclosure Practices, Enforcement of Accounting Standards, and Analysts' Forecast Accuracy: An International Study," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 235-272, May.
- Ruland, William & Shon, John & Zhou, Ping, 2007. "Effective controls for research in international accounting," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 96-116.
- Holger Daske & Luzi Hail & Christian Leuz & Rodrigo Verdi, 2008. "Mandatory IFRS Reporting around the World: Early Evidence on the Economic Consequences," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(5), pages 1085-1142, December.
- Philip Brown, 2011. "International Financial Reporting Standards: what are the benefits?," Accounting and Business Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(3), pages 269-285, August.
- Philip Brown & John Preiato & Ann Tarca, 2014. "Measuring Country Differences in Enforcement of Accounting Standards: An Audit and Enforcement Proxy," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1-2), pages 1-52, January.
- Martin Glaum & Jörg Baetge & Alexander Grothe & Tatjana Oberdörster, 2013. "Introduction of International Accounting Standards, Disclosure Quality and Accuracy of Analysts' Earnings Forecasts," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 79-116, May.
- Hollis Ashbaugh & Morton Pincus, 2001. "Domestic Accounting Standards, International Accounting Standards, and the Predictability of Earnings," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(3), pages 417-434, December.
- Philip Brown & Greg Clinch, 1998. "Global Harmonisation of Accounting Standards: What Research into Capital Markets Tells Us," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 8(15), pages 21-29, May.
- Robert W. Holthausen, 2009. "Accounting Standards, Financial Reporting Outcomes, and Enforcement," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 447-458, May.
- Oliver Hart, 2009. "Regulation and Sarbanes-Oxley," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 437-445, May.
- Philip Brown & Ann Tarca, 2007. "Achieving High Quality, Comparable Financial Reporting: A Review of Independent Enforcement Bodies in Australia and the United Kingdom," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 43(4), pages 438-473.
- Jackson, Howell E. & Roe, Mark J., 2009. "Public and private enforcement of securities laws: Resource-based evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 207-238, August.
- Quick, Reiner & Baker, R. & Mikol, A., 2001. "Regulation of the Statutory Auditor in the European Union: A Comparative Survey of the United Kingdom, France and Germany," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 67744, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Ball, Ray & Kothari, S. P. & Robin, Ashok, 2000. "The effect of international institutional factors on properties of accounting earnings," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 1-51, February.
- Zhang, Ivy Xiying, 2007. "Economic consequences of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 74-115, September.
- Rick Cuijpers & Willem Buijink, 2005. "Voluntary adoption of non-local GAAP in the European Union: A study of determinants and consequences," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 487-524.
- Coffee, John C., Jr., 2007. "Law and the Market: The Impact of Enforcement," Working Papers 07-3, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Basu, Sudipta, 1997. "The conservatism principle and the asymmetric timeliness of earnings," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 3-37, December.
- Lang, Mark & Smith Raedy, Jana & Wilson, Wendy, 2006. "Earnings management and cross listing: Are reconciled earnings comparable to US earnings?," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 255-283, October.
- Jaggi, Bikki & Low, Pek Yee, 2000. "Impact of Culture, Market Forces, and Legal System on Financial Disclosures," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 495-519, 010.
- Ray Ball, 1995. "Making Accounting More International: Why, How, And How Far Will It Go?," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 8(3), pages 19-29.
- Christensen, Hans B. & Hail, Luzi & Leuz, Christian, 2013. "Mandatory IFRS reporting and changes in enforcement," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 147-177.
- Jiao, Tao & Koning, Miriam & Mertens, Gerard & Roosenboom, Peter, 2012. "Mandatory IFRS adoption and its impact on analysts' forecasts," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 56-63.
- Paul G. Mahoney, 2009. "The Development of Securities Law in the United States," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 325-347, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:taf:acctbr:v:47:y:2017:i:3:p:268-312 is not listed on IDEAS
- Araceli Mora & Martin Walker, 2015. "The implications of research on accounting conservatism for accounting standard setting," Accounting and Business Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(5), pages 620-650, August.
- Houqe, Muhammad Nurul & Monem, Reza M., 2016. "IFRS Adoption, Extent of Disclosure, and Perceived Corruption: A Cross-Country Study," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 363-378.
- repec:ibn:ibrjnl:v:11:y:2018:i:6:p:151-164 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jbfnac:v:42:y:2015:i:1-2:p:1-50. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0306-686X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.