Law and the Market: The Impact of Enforcement
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 3404 Steinberg Hall-Dietrich Hall, 3620 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6367|
Web page: http://finance.wharton.upenn.edu/weiss/papers.html
More information through EDIRC
- Karolyi, G. Andrew, 2012. "Corporate governance, agency problems and international cross-listings: A defense of the bonding hypothesis," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 516-547.
- Xi Li & Amir N. Licht & Christopher Poliquin & Jordan I. Siegel, 2015. "What Makes the Bonding Stick? A Natural Experiment Involving the U.S. Supreme Court and Cross-Listed Firms," HKUST IEMS Working Paper Series 2015-19, HKUST Institute for Emerging Market Studies, revised Mar 2015.
- El Ghoul, Sadok & Guedhami, Omrane & Pittman, Jeffrey, 2016. "Cross-country evidence on the importance of Big Four auditors to equity pricing: The mediating role of legal institutions," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 60-81.
- René M. Stulz, 2009.
"Securities Laws, Disclosure, and National Capital Markets in the Age of Financial Globalization,"
Journal of Accounting Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 349-390, 05.
- René M. Stulz, 2008. "Securities Laws, Disclosure, and National Capital Markets in the Age of Financial Globalization," NBER Working Papers 14218, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lohse, Tim & Pascalau, Razvan & Thomann, Christian, 2014. "Public enforcement of securities market rules: Resource-based evidence from the Securities and Exchange Commission," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 197-212.
- Lohse, Tim & Pascalau, Razvan & Thomann, Christian, 2014. "Public Enforcement of Securities Market Rules: Resource-based evidence from the Securities Exchange Commission," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 364, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Gilberto Loureiro & Sónia Silva, "undated". "Cross-Delisting, Financial Constraints and Investment Sensitivities," NIPE Working Papers 15/2015, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Delis, Manthos D & Staikouras, Panagiotis, 2009. "On-site audits, sanctions, and bank risk-taking: An empirical overture towards a novel regulatory and supervisory philosophy," MPRA Paper 16836, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Denis Cormier & Pascale Lapointe-Antunes & Michel Magnan, 2015. "Does corporate governance enhance the appreciation of mandatory environmental disclosure by financial markets?," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 19(4), pages 897-925, November.
- Xu, Wenming, 2016. "Reforming private securities litigation in China: The stock market has already cast its vote," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 23-32.
- Victoria Krivogorsky & Gary Grudnitski, 2010. "Country-specific institutional effects on ownership: concentration and performance of continental European firms," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 14(2), pages 167-193, May.
- Jayaraman, Sudarshan, 2012. "The effect of enforcement on timely loss recognition: Evidence from insider trading laws," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 77-97.
- Boubakri, Narjess & Cosset, Jean-Claude & Samet, Anis, 2010. "The choice of ADRs," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 2077-2095, September.
- Armour, John & Mayer, Colin & Polo, Andrea, 2010. "Regulatory Sanctions and Reputational Damage in Financial Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 8058, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Doidge, Craig & Andrew Karolyi, G. & Stulz, Ren M., 2009. "Has New York become less competitive than London in global markets? Evaluating foreign listing choices over time," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(3), pages 253-277, March.
- Armour, J. & Deakin, S. & Mollica, V. & Siems, M.M., 2010. "Law and Financial Development: What we are learning from time-series evidence," Working Papers wp399, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Fox Merritt B., 2010. "Promoting Innovation: The Law of Publicly Traded Corporations," Capitalism and Society, De Gruyter, vol. 5(3), pages 1-68, December.
- Bruce G. Carruthers & Naomi R. Lamoreaux, 2016. "Regulatory Races: The Effects of Jurisdictional Competition on Regulatory Standards," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 54(1), pages 52-97, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecl:upafin:07-3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed