Structural Change and Policy Reform in the UK Dairy Sector
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- D Colman & M Burton & D Rigby & J Franks, 2001. "Structural Change and Policy Reform in the UK Dairy Sector," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0117, Economics, The University of Manchester.
References listed on IDEAS
- Boots, Maroeska & Oude Lansink, Alfons & Peerlings, Jack, 1997. "Efficiency Loss Due to Distortions in Dutch Milk Quota Trade," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 24(1), pages 31-46.
- S. M. Mukhtar & P. J. Dawson, 1990. "Herd Size And Unit Costs Of Production In The England And Wales Dairy Sector," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 9-20.
- Helming, John & Oskam, Arie & Thijssen, Geert, 1993. "A Micro-economic Analysis of Dairy Farming in the Netherlands," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 20(3), pages 343-363.
- L. J. Hubbard, 1993. "Long-Run Average Cost Curves In The England And Wales Dairy Industry - Reply," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(3), pages 507-508.
- Hervé Guyomard & Xavier Delache & Xavier Irz & Louis-Pascal Mane, 1996. "A Microeconometric Analysis Of Milk Quota Transfer: Application To French Producers," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1-4), pages 206-223.
- L. J. Hubbard, 1993. "Long-Run Average Cost Curves In The England And Wales Dairy Sector," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 144-148.
- Oskam, A. J. & Speijers, D. P., 1992. "Quota mobility and quota values : Influence on the structural development of dairy farming," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 41-52, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huettel, Silke & Jongeneel, Roelof A., 2009. "Impact of the EU Milk Quota on Structural Change in the Dairy Sectors of Germany and The Netherlands," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 50943, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Areal, Francisco J. & Tiffin, Richard & Balcombe, Kelvin G., 2012. "Provision of environmental output within a multi-output distance function approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 47-54.
- Gillespie, Patrick & O'Donoghue, Cathal & Hynes, Stephen & Thorne, Fiona & Hennessy, Thia, 2015. "Milk quota and the development of Irish dairy productivity: a Malmquist index using a stochastic frontier approach," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211684, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Baudry, Alexandre & Frahan, Bruno Henry de & Polome, Philippe & Howitt, Richard E., 2008. "Dairy Farms without Quotas: Simulations Based on a Multi-output Multi-input Cost Function," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43965, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Thia Hennessy & Shailesh Shrestha & Laurence Shalloo & Michael Wallace, 2009. "The Inefficiencies of Regionalised Milk Quota Trade," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 334-347.
- Thia Hennessy & Shailesh Shrestha & Laurence Shalloo & Michael Wallace, 2008. "The Inefficiencies of Regionalised Trade of Milk Quota," Working Papers 0811, Rural Economy and Development Programme,Teagasc.
- Wieck, Christine & Heckelei, Thomas, 2004. "Development Of Marginal Cost Distributions In Dairy Production Regions Of The Eu," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 19943, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Mattas, Konstadinos & Arfini, Filippo & Midmore, Peter & Schmitz, P. Michael & Surry, Yves R., 2008. "Impacts Of Cap Reform On Rural Employment: A Multimodeling Cross Country Approach," 109th Seminar, November 20-21, 2008, Viterbo, Italy 44801, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kersting, Stefan & Hüttel, Silke & Odening, Martin, 2015. "Structural change in agriculture under capacity constraints: An equilibrium approach," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 140, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Kersting, Stefan & Hüttel, Silke & Odening, Martin, 2016. "Industry dynamics under production constraints — The case of the EU dairy sector," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 135-151.
- Andrea Caragliu & Camilla Lenzi & Selyf Morgan, 2013. "Patterns of innovation in the dairy processing sector in South West Wales," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(4), pages 417-434, November.
- Shrestha, Shailesh & Hennessy, Thia C., 2008. "A prospect of moving towards free milk quota market in Ireland – will milk quota movement follow efficiency?," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43657, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Stefan Kersting & JProf. Silke Huettel & Prof. Martin Odening, 2013. "Structural change in agriculture – an equilibrium approach," EcoMod2013 5300, EcoMod.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jageco:v:53:y:2002:i:3:p:645-663. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-857X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.