The Validity of the Event‐study Approach: Evidence from the Impact of the Fed's Monetary Policy on US and Foreign Asset Prices
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Atin Basuchoudhary & Laura Razzolini, 2006.
"Hiding in plain sight – using signals to detect terrorists,"
Springer, vol. 128(1), pages 245-255, July.
- Atin Basuchoudhary & Laura Razzolini, 2005. "Hiding in Plain Sight – Using Signals to Detect Terrorists," Working Papers 0502, VCU School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Jack Hirshleifer, 2000. "The Macrotechnology of Conflict," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 44(6), pages 773-792, December.
- Vicki Bier & Santiago Oliveros & Larry Samuelson, 2007.
"Choosing What to Protect: Strategic Defensive Allocation against an Unknown Attacker,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 9(4), pages 563-587, August.
- Vicki Bier & Santiago Oliveros & Larry Samuelson, 2006. "Choosing What to Protect: Strategic Defensive Allocation against an Unknown Attacker," Levine's Bibliography 321307000000000158, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Geoffrey Heal & Howard Kunreuther, 2005. "IDS Models of Airline Security," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 49(2), pages 201-217, April.
- Kunreuther, Howard & Heal, Geoffrey, 2003. "Interdependent Security," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 26(2-3), pages 231-249, March-May.
- Enders, Walter & Sandler, Todd, 2000. "Is Transnational Terrorism Becoming More Threatening? A Time-Series Investigation," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1823, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Daniel G. Arce M. & Todd Sandler, 2005. "Counterterrorism," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 49(2), pages 183-200, April.
- Walter Enders & Todd Sandler, 2000. "Is Transnational Terrorism Becoming More Threatening?," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 44(3), pages 307-332, June.
- B. Peter Rosendorff & Todd Sandler, 2004. "Too Much of a Good Thing?," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 48(5), pages 657-671, October.
- Sandler, Todd & Enders, Walter, 2004. "An economic perspective on transnational terrorism," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 301-316, June.
- Lee, Dwight R, 1988. "Free Riding and Paid Riding in the Fight against Terrorism," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(2), pages 22-26, May.
- Sandler, Todd & Arce, Daniel G., 2007. "Terrorism: A Game-Theoretic Approach," Handbook of Defense Economics, Elsevier.
- Sandler, Todd & Lapan, Harvey E., 1988. "The Calculus of Dissent: An Analysis of Terrorists' Choice of Targets," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10818, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Shen & Mayes, David G., 2012. "Monetary policy announcements and stock reactions: An international comparison," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 145-164.
- Nathan Foley‐Fisher & Bernardo Guimaraes, 2013.
"U.S. Real Interest Rates and Default Risk in Emerging Economies,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(5), pages 967-975, August.
- Nathan Foley-Fisher & Bernardo Guimaraes, 2009. "US Real Interest Rates and Default Risk in Emerging Economies," CEP Discussion Papers dp0952, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Nathan Foley-Fisher & Bernardo Guimaraes, 2012. "U.S. real interest rates and default risk in emerging economies," International Finance Discussion Papers 1051, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Foley-Fisher, Nathan & Guimaraes, Bernardo, 2009. "US real interest rates and default risk in emerging economies," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28683, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Foley-Fisher, Nathan & Guimarães, Bernardo de Vasconcellos, 2012. "US real interest rates and default risk in emerging economies," Textos para discussão 295, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Haitsma, Reinder & Unalmis, Deren & de Haan, Jakob, 2016.
"The impact of the ECB's conventional and unconventional monetary policies on stock markets,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 101-116.
- Reinder Haitsma & Deren Unalmis & Jakob de Haan, 2015. "The impact of the ECB's conventional and unconventional monetary policies on stock markets," DNB Working Papers 483, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Reinder Haitsma & Deren Unalmis & Jakob de Haan, 2016. "The Impact of the ECB’s Conventional and Unconventional Monetary Policies on Stock Markets," Working Papers 1605, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Küçükkocaoğlu, Güray & Ünalmış, Deren & Ünalmış, İbrahim, 2013.
"How do banks' stock returns respond to monetary policy committee announcements in Turkey? Evidence from traditional versus new monetary policy episodes,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 536-545.
- Guray Kucukkocaoglu & Deren Unalmis & Ibrahim Unalmis, 2013. "How do Banks’ Stock Returns Respond to Monetary Policy Committee Announcements in Turkey? Evidence from Traditional versus New Monetary Policy Episodes," Working Papers 1330, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- repec:eee:jimfin:v:75:y:2017:i:c:p:109-127 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chortareas, Georgios & Noikokyris, Emmanouil, 2014. "Monetary policy and stock returns under the MPC and inflation targeting," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 109-116.
- Prabu A, Edwin & Bhattacharyya, Indranil & Ray, Partha, 2016. "Is the stock market impervious to monetary policy announcements: Evidence from emerging India," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 166-179.
- Fawley, Brett W. & Neely, Christopher J., 2014. "The evolution of Federal Reserve policy and the impact of monetary policy surprises on asset prices," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, vol. 96(1), pages 73-109.
- Bernhard, Severin & Ebner, Till, 2017.
"Cross-border spillover effects of unconventional monetary policies on Swiss asset prices,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 109-127.
- Severin Bernhard & Till Ebner, 2016. "Cross-border Spillover Effects of Unconventional Monetary Policies on Swiss Asset Prices," Working Papers 2016-09, Swiss National Bank.
- Nkwoma, Inekwe John, 2017. "Futures-Based Measures Of Monetary Policy And Jump Risk," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(02), pages 384-405, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:econom:v:78:y:2011:i:311:p:429-439. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.