Legal Deterrence: the foundation of corporate governance - evidence from China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cheffins, Brian R., 1997. "Company Law: Theory, Structure and Operation," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198764694.
- Hoff, Karla & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2005.
"The creation of the rule of law and the legitimacy of property rights : the political and economic consequences of a corrupt privatization,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3779, The World Bank.
- Karla Hoff & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2005. "The Creation of the Rule of Law and the Legitimacy of Property Rights: The Political and Economic Consequences of a Corrupt Privatization," NBER Working Papers 11772, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stoyan Tenev & Chunlin Zhang & Loup Brefort, 2002. "Corporate Governance and Enterprise Reform in China : Building the Institutions of Modern Markets," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15237.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Reyes Calderón & José Álvarez-Arce & Silvia Mayoral, 2009. "Corporation as a Crucial Ally Against Corruption," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 87(1), pages 319-332, April.
- Kling, Gerhard & Weitzel, Utz, 2011. "The internationalization of Chinese companies: Firm characteristics, industry effects and corporate governance," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 357-372, September.
- Wei Huang, 2016. "Tunneling through related-party loan guarantees: evidence from a quasi-experiment in China," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 857-884, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:corgov:v:15:y:2007:i:5:p:741-767. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0964-8410&site=1 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.