The Relationship of Pari-mutuel Wagering and Casino Gaming to Personal Bankruptcy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Reint Gropp & John Karl Scholz & Michelle J. White, 1997. "Personal Bankruptcy and Credit Supply and Demand," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(1), pages 217-251.
- Richard Thalheimer & Mukhtar Ali, 2003. "The demand for casino gaming," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(8), pages 907-918.
- Domowitz, Ian & Eovaldi, Thomas L, 1993. "The Impact of the Bankruptcy Reform Act of 1978 on Consumer Bankruptcy," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(2), pages 803-835, October.
- John M. Barron & Michael E. Staten & Stephanie M. Wilshusen, 2002. "The Impact Of Casino Gambling On Personal Bankruptcy Filing Rates," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 20(4), pages 440-455, October.
- T. S. Breusch & A. R. Pagan, 1980.
"The Lagrange Multiplier Test and its Applications to Model Specification in Econometrics,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 239-253.
- Breusch, T.S. & Pagan, A.R., 1980. "The Lagrange multiplier test and its applications to model specification in econometrics," CORE Discussion Papers RP 412, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jon P. Nelson, 1999. "Consumer Bankruptcy And Chapter Choice: State Panel Evidence," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 17(4), pages 552-566, October.
- William R. Eadington, 1999. "The Economics of Casino Gambling," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 173-192, Summer.
- Nichols, Mark W. & Grant Stitt, B. & Giacopassi, David, 2000. "Casino gambling and bankruptcy in new United States casino jurisdictions," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 247-261, May.
- Shepard, Lawrence, 1984. "Personal Failures and the Bankruptcy Reform Act of 1978," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(2), pages 419-437, October.
- Peterson, Richard L. & Aoki, Kiyomi, 1984. "Bankruptcy filings before and after implementation of the bankruptcy reform law," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 95-105, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barry Scholnick & Hyungsuk Byun, 2016. "Do Slot Machines Cause Bankruptcy? A Regulatory Natural Experiment with Exogenous Changes to Slot Locations," ERSA conference papers ersa16p607, European Regional Science Association.
- Garrett, Thomas A. & Nichols, Mark W., 2008.
"Do casinos export bankruptcy?,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1481-1494, August.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Mark W. Nichols, 2005. "Do casinos export bankruptcy?," Working Papers 2005-019, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Mark W. Nichols, 2006. "Do Casinos Export Bankruptcy?," Working Papers 06-003, University of Nevada, Reno, Department of Economics;University of Nevada, Reno , Department of Resource Economics.
- Kent R. Grote & Victor A. Matheson, 2014.
"The Impact of State Lotteries and Casinos on State Bankruptcy Filings,"
Growth and Change,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 121-135, March.
- Kent Grote & Victor Matheson, 2013. "The Impact of State Lotteries and Casinos on State Bankruptcy Filings," Working Papers 1302, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Garrett, Thomas A. & Wall, Howard J., 2014.
Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(07), pages 1488-1507, October.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Howard J. Wall, 2010. "Personal-bankruptcy cycles," Working Papers 2010-010, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Garrett, Thomas A. & Wall, Howard J., 2010. "Personal-bankruptcy cycles," MPRA Paper 30759, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Garrett, Thomas A. & Wall, Howard J., 2010. "Personal-bankruptcy cycles," MPRA Paper 42740, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Byun, Hyungsuk & Scholnick, Barry & Byun, Hyungsuk, 2017. "Spatial Commitment Devices and Addictive Goods: Evidence from the Removal of Slot Machines from Bars," Working Papers 17-34, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Cotti, Chad D. & Walker, Douglas M., 2010. "The impact of casinos on fatal alcohol-related traffic accidents in the United States," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 788-796, December.
- Thomas A. Garrett, 2007. "The rise in personal bankruptcies: the Eighth Federal Reserve District and beyond," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 15-38.
More about this item
- K1 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law
- K4 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:coecpo:v:22:y:2004:i:3:p:420-432. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.