Persistence and the four‐factor model in the Australian funds market: a note
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Terrence Hallahan & Robert Faff, 2001. "Induced persistence or reversals in fund performance?: the effect of survivorship bias," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 119-126.
- Johnson, Woodrow T., 2010. "Who incentivizes the mutual fund manager, new or old shareholders?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 143-168, April.
- Brown, Stephen J & Goetzmann, William N, 1995. " Performance Persistence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 679-698, June.
- Grinblatt, Mark & Titman, Sheridan, 1992. " The Persistence of Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(5), pages 1977-1984, December.
- Jonathan B. Berk & Ian Tonks, 2007. "Return Persistence and Fund Flows in the Worst Performing Mutual Funds," NBER Working Papers 13042, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert B. Durand & Manapon Limkriangkrai & Gary Smith, 2006. "In America's thrall: the effects of the US market and US security characteristics on Australian stock returns," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 46(4), pages 577-604, December.
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. " On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Mark M. Carhart & Jennifer N. Carpenter & Anthony W. Lynch & David K. Musto, 2002. "Mutual Fund Survivorship," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(5), pages 1439-1463.
- Ron Bird & Helen Chin & Michael McCrae, 1983. "The Performance of Australian Superannuation Funds," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 8(1), pages 49-69, June.
- Guercio, Diane Del & Tkac, Paula A., 2002. "The Determinants of the Flow of Funds of Managed Portfolios: Mutual Funds vs. Pension Funds," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(04), pages 523-557, December.
- Grinblatt, Mark & Titman, Sheridan & Wermers, Russ, 1995. "Momentum Investment Strategies, Portfolio Performance, and Herding: A Study of Mutual Fund Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1088-1105, December.
- Demir, Isabelle & Muthuswamy, Jay & Walter, Terry, 2004. "Momentum returns in Australian equities: The influences of size, risk, liquidity and return computation," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 143-158, April.
- De Bondt, Werner F M & Thaler, Richard, 1985. " Does the Stock Market Overreact?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 793-805, July.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Sawicki, Julia & Ong, Fred, 2000. "Evaluating managed fund performance using conditional measures: Australian evidence," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(3-4), pages 505-528, July.
- Brown, Stephen J, et al, 1992. "Survivorship Bias in Performance Studies," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 5(4), pages 553-580.
- Tim Brailsford & Michael A. O'Brien, 2008. "Disentangling Size from Momentum in Australian Stock Returns," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 32(3), pages 463-484, March.
- Hendricks, Darryll & Patel, Jayendu & Zeckhauser, Richard, 1993. " Hot Hands in Mutual Funds: Short-Run Persistence of Relative Performance, 1974-1988," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 93-130, March.
- Elton, Edwin J & Gruber, Martin J & Blake, Christopher R, 1996. "The Persistence of Risk-Adjusted Mutual Fund Performance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69(2), pages 133-157, April.
- Gaunt, Clive, 2000. "Overreaction in the Australian equity market: 1974-1997," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(3-4), pages 375-398, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:acctfi:v:58:y:2018:i:1:p:91-125 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lean, Hooi Hooi & Ang, Wei Rong & Smyth, Russell, 2015.
"Performance and performance persistence of socially responsible investment funds in Europe and North America,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 254-266.
- Lean, Hooi Hooi & Ang, Wei Rong & Smyth, Russell, 2014. "Performance and Performance Persistence of Socially Responsible Investment Funds in Europe and North America," MPRA Paper 59119, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David R Gallagher & Peter A Gardner & Camille H Schmidt & Terry S Walter, 2014. "Quality investing in an Australian context," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 39(4), pages 615-643, November.
- Abdelbari El Khamlichi & Mohamed Arouri & Frédéric Teulon, 2014. "Persistence of Performance Using the Four-Factor Pricing Model: Evidence from Dow Jones Islamic Index," Working Papers 2014-216, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Humphrey, Jacquelyn E. & Benson, Karen L. & Low, Rand K.Y. & Lee, Wei-Lun, 2015. "Is diversification always optimal?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 35(PB), pages 521-532.
- repec:bla:econpa:v:36:y:2017:i:2:p:171-184 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:acctfi:v:50:y:2010:i:1:p:103-119. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaanzea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.