Focuses of the Development of the Organizational Culture as a Determinant in the Era of Knowledge-Based Economy
The author identifies the role and place of organizational culture in the era of knowledge economy. On the basis of presentation of the highlights in its development, the relationship between organizational culture and innovation in the Bulgarian business environment has been conceptualized, the relationship between cultural production and cultural use of knowledge has been examined. The author presents a new view of innovation resources and organizational culture in the context of business anthropology. It turns out that Bulgarian firms exhibit low levels of development of a culture of applying new knowledge, which reflects the principles and the supply as well as the demand of knowledge here. Business maturity of the Bulgarian companies does not correspond sufficiently with the necessary prerequisites for the generation of innovative attitudes and organizational best practices. It is imperative that a reconsideration of the conditions and prerequisites for the development of organizational culture with qualitatively new accents would start. Otherwise, the poor picture in terms of parameters reflecting our cultural matrix and associated with the manifestation of knowledge would become a barrier to good expectations for a modern economy. The present study is part of the Scientific Council appreciated project within the research program of the Academy of Sciences.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (+359 2) 810 40 18
Fax: (+359 2) 988 21 08
Web page: http://www.iki.bas.bg
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- -, 2009. "Наши Авторы," Вопросы государственного и муниципального управления // Public administration issues, НИУ ВШЭ, issue 4, pages 201-202.
- Adelina Milanova, 2009. "Concept Modelling of the Relation Firm Culture – Social Capital (the example of firms from the Bulgarian economic reality)," Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 2, pages 63-90.
- Robert E. Quinn & John Rohrbaugh, 1983. "A Spatial Model of Effectiveness Criteria: Towards a Competing Values Approach to Organizational Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(3), pages 363-377, March.
- Rossitsa Chobanova, 2011. "Knowledge as Economic Research Object," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 4, pages 28-54.
- Стиглер Джордж, 2009. "Эпизод В Университете," Вопросы образования // Educational Studies, НИУ ВШЭ, issue 4, pages 290-299.
- -, 2009. "Наши Авторы," Вопросы государственного и муниципального управления // Public administration issues, НИУ ВШЭ, issue 1, pages 198.
- -, 2009. "Наши Авторы," Вопросы государственного и муниципального управления // Public administration issues, НИУ ВШЭ, issue 2, pages 213-214.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bas:econst:y:2012:i:1:p:108-125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diana Dimitrova)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.