The Origins and Ideals of Water Resource Economics in the United States
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Haveman, Robert, 1967. "Benefit-Cost Analysis: Its Relevance to Public Investment Decisions: Comment," MPRA Paper 9876, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Burness, H Stuart & Quirk, James P, 1980. "Water Law, Water Transfers, and Economic Efficiency: The Colorado River," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(1), pages 111-134, April.
- R. Quentin Grafton & Michael B. Ward, 2008.
"Prices versus Rationing: Marshallian Surplus and Mandatory Water Restrictions,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, pages 57-65.
- Robert Dixon & David Shepherd, 2006. "The Cyclical Dynamics and Volatility of Australian Output and Employment," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 968, The University of Melbourne.
- S. V. Ciriacy-Wantrup, 1954. "Cost Allocation in Relation to Western Water Policies," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 36(1), pages 108-129.
- S. V. Ciriacy-Wantrup, 1955. "Some Economic Issues in Water Rights," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 37(5), pages 875-885.
- Hugh Sibly, 2006. "Efficient Urban Water Pricing," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, pages 227-237.
- D. Jay Goodman & Charles W. Howe, 1997. "Determinants of Ditch Company Share Prices in the South Platte River Basin," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(3), pages 946-951.
- Chakravorty Ujjayant & Hochman Eithan & Zilberman David, 1995. "A Spatial Model of Optimal Water Conveyance," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, pages 25-41.
- Burness, H Stuart & Quirk, James P, 1979. "Appropriative Water Rights and the Efficient Allocation of Resources," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 25-37.
- S. V. Ciriacy-Wantrup, 1956. "Concepts Used as Economic Criteria for a System of Water Rights," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 32(4), pages 295-312.
- T. de Scitovszky, 1941. "A Note on Welfare Propositions in Economics," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 77-88.
- Hicks, John R, 1975. "The Scope and Status of Welfare Economics," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(3), pages 307-326, November.
- Anderson, Terry L & Johnson, Ronald N, 1986. "The Problem of Instream Flows," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 24(4), pages 535-554, October.
- M. Mason Gaffney, 1962. "Water Law and Economic Transfers of Water: A Reply," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 44(2), pages 427-434.
- Griffin, Ronald C. & Mjelde, James W., 2011. "Distributing water's bounty," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 116-128.
- Gisser, Micha, 1983. "Groundwater: Focusing on the Real Issue," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(6), pages 1001-1027, December.
- Johnson, Ronald N & Gisser, Micha, 1981. "The Definition of a Surface Water Right and Transferability," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(2), pages 273-288, October.
- H. Spencer Banzhaf, 2010. "Consumer Surplus with Apology: A Historical Perspective on Nonmarket Valuation and Recreation Demand," Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 2(1), pages 183-207, October.
- Scott E. Masten, 2011.
"Public Utility Ownership in 19th-Century America: The "Aberrant" Case of Water,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,
Oxford University Press, pages 604-654.
- Koch, Alexander K. & Peyrache, Eloic, 2005. "Aligning Ambition and Incentives," IZA Discussion Papers 1527, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alexander K. Koch & Eloic Peyrache, 2005. "Aligning Ambition and Incentives," Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics 05/03, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London, revised Mar 2005.
- Alexander K. Koch & Eloïc Peyrache, 2008. "Aligning Ambition and Incentives," Economics Working Papers 2008-16, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Weber, Marian L., 2001. "Markets for Water Rights under Environmental Constraints," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, pages 53-64.
- Ralph Turvey, 1976. "Analyzing the Marginal Cost of Water Supply," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, pages 158-168.
- Basharat A. Pitafi & James A. Roumasset, 2009. "Pareto-Improving Water Management over Space and Time: The Honolulu Case," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(1), pages 138-153.
- B. Delworth Gardner & Herbert H. Fullerton, 1968. "Transfer Restrictions and Misallocations of Irrigation Water," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 50(3), pages 556-571.
More about this item
Keywordscost benefit analysis; water marketing; water pricing; economic history;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:anr:reseco:v:4:y:2012:p:353-377. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (http://www.annualreviews.org). General contact details of provider: http://www.annualreviews.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.