Retrospective Of Financial Reporting On Capital Market
The purpose of this paper is to develop a conceptual framework for the evolution offinancial reporting on capital market. Due to the worlwide changes, the role of financial reportingin capital market is constantly growing. Financial reporting analyzed through market perspective isstrongly correlated with issues like: capital allocation, financial statements, internationalaccounting standards and informational valences. Capital market research emphasizes the need forqualitative and transparent financial reporting which require an increased level of informationaccuracy. Thus, financial statements are measured in terms of comparability and disclosure. Thispaper presents a qualitative research through a content analysis of several articles related tofinancial reporting on capital market.
Volume (Year): 2 (2012)
Issue (Month): 14 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baker, C. Richard & Wallage, Philip, 2000. "The Future of Financial Reporting in Europe: Its Role in Corporate Governance," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 173-187, 07.
- René M. Stulz, 2009.
"Securities Laws, Disclosure, and National Capital Markets in the Age of Financial Globalization,"
Journal of Accounting Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 349-390, 05.
- René M. Stulz, 2008. "Securities Laws, Disclosure, and National Capital Markets in the Age of Financial Globalization," NBER Working Papers 14218, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael Porta & Florencio Lopez-De-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2006.
"What Works in Securities Laws?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 61(1), pages 1-32, 02.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, . "What Works in Securities Laws?," Working Paper 19491, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer, 2003. "What Works in Securities Law?," NBER Working Papers 9882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Efrim Boritz, J. & No, Won G., 2005. "Security in XML-based financial reporting services on the Internet," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 11-35.
- Hearn, Bruce & Piesse, Jenifer & Strange, Roger, 2010. "Market liquidity and stock size premia in emerging financial markets: The implications for foreign investment," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 489-501, October.
- Mylonidis, Nikolaos & Kollias, Christos, 2010. "Dynamic European stock market convergence: Evidence from rolling cointegration analysis in the first euro-decade," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 2056-2064, September.
- Gotti, Giorgio & Mastrolia, Stacy, 2012. "The Effect on Financial Reporting Quality of an Exemption from the SEC Reporting Requirements for Foreign Private Issuers," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 44-71.
- Moez Bennouri & C. Clark & Jacques Robert, 2010. "Information provision in financial markets," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 255-286, March.
- Artyom Durnev & Randall Morck & Bernard Yeung, 2001.
"Capital Markets and Capital Allocation: Implications for Economies in Transition,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
417, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Art Durnev & Kan Li & Randall Mørck & Bernard Yeung, 2004. "Capital markets and capital allocation: Implications for economies in transition," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(4), pages 593-634, December.
- E. Han Kim, 1998. "Globalization Of Capital Markets And The Asian Financial Crisis," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 11(3), pages 30-39.
- Li, Kai, 2007. "The growth in equity market size and trading activity: An international study," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 59-90, January.
- Thapa, Chandra & Poshakwale, Sunil S., 2012. "Country-specific equity market characteristics and foreign equity portfolio allocation," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 189-211.
- Chung, Dennis & Hrazdil, Karel, 2010. "Liquidity and market efficiency: A large sample study," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 2346-2357, October.
- Chung, Dennis Y. & Hrazdil, Karel, 2010. "Liquidity and market efficiency: Analysis of NASDAQ firms," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 262-274.
- Moez Bennouri & C.Robert Clark & Jacques Robert, 2010. "Information provision in financial markets," Post-Print hal-00565501, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:alu:journl:v:2:y:2012:i:14:p:8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan-Constantin Danuletiu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.