Absorption Capacity Of Eu Funds In Romania
Most Central and Eastern European countries have encountered problems in attracting EU structural funds in the post accession period. This paper analyzes the CEE absorption capacity of EU structural funds in 2007-2010, focusing on the case of Romania. Romania recorded at the end of 2010 the lowest rate of payment for contracted grants. Among reasons for poor absorption capacity we have identified a lack of government strategy, poor administrative capacity of central and local public institutions, public-private partnerships failure, deficient human resources.
Volume (Year): 1 (2012)
Issue (Month): 18 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 004 0251 411317
Fax: 004 0251 411317
Web page: http://feaa.ucv.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrej Horvat & Gunther Maier, 2004. "Regional development, Absorption problems and the EU Structural Funds," ERSA conference papers ersa04p591, European Regional Science Association.
- Bourguignon, Fran.ois & Sundberg, Mark, 2006. "Absorptive Capacity and Achieving the MDGs," Working Paper Series RP2006/47, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Imola Driga & Dorina Nita, 2008. "Considerations Regarding European Funds Absorption In Romania," Revista Economica, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 42(5-6), pages 146-152.
- Zaman, Gheorghe & Georgescu, George, 2009. "Structural Fund Absorption: A New Challenge For Romania?," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 6(1), pages 136-154, March.
- George Georgescu, 2008. "Determinants Of Increasing Eu Funds Absorption Capacity In Romania," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 2(10), pages 16.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aio:rteyej:v:1:y:2012:i:18:p:123-130. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ionascu Costel)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.