The Perceptions Of Romanian Young Entrepreneurs Regarding The Challenges Of An Innovative Business Environment
This paper aims the investigation of the relationship between entrepreneurial phenomenon among young people in Romania and the business environment, strongly marked by innovation and new technologies, as pillars of sustainable development in the knowledge-based society. For achieving the paper’s goal there are used the results of a qualitative research based on in-depth interview which aim to identify the views and experiences of young entrepreneurs on the advantages and disadvantages of starting an innovative business in Romania. Data analysis allowed the formulation of some recommendations to state institutions, business environment and the academic community to support young entrepreneurs in developing their business right after the launch. Access to new funding sources, guidance and informational support are the principal needs for entrepreneurs in their struggle to develop innovative sustainable businesses. The strong promotion of young entrepreneurs inside their community or at national level contributes to the development of a strong entrepreneurial culture for Romania.
Volume (Year): XIII (2015)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Str. A.I. Cuza nr. 13, Craiova|
Phone: 004 0251 411317
Fax: 004 0251 411317
Web page: http://feaa.ucv.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Soriano, Domingo Ribeiro & Huarng, Kun-Huang, 2013. "Innovation and entrepreneurship in knowledge industries," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(10), pages 1964-1969.
- Galindo, Miguel-Ángel & Méndez, María Teresa, 2014. "Entrepreneurship, economic growth, and innovation: Are feedback effects at work?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(5), pages 825-829.
- Landström, Hans & Harirchi, Gouya & Åström, Fredrik, 2012. "Entrepreneurship: Exploring the knowledge base," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 1154-1181.
- Baron, Robert A., 1998. "Cognitive mechanisms in entrepreneurship: why and when enterpreneurs think differently than other people," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 275-294, July.
- Nadim Ahmad & Richard G. Seymour, 2008. "Defining Entrepreneurial Activity: Definitions Supporting Frameworks for Data Collection," OECD Statistics Working Papers 2008/1, OECD Publishing.
- Audretsch, David B. & Keilbach, Max C. & Lehmann, Erik E., 2006. "Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195183511, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aio:manmar:v:xiii:y:2015:i:1:p:78-91. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catalin Barbu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.