Tax competition and foreign direct investments. Is there a connection?
The issue of tax competition has fuelled a lot of interest and debates among theoreticians as well as practitioners during the last decades. The intense financial and labour flows due to globalisation has led to a “race to the bottom” tax competition among countries, some theoreticians considering it as beneficial others, on the contrary, blaming it as harmful competition, encouraging misallocation of re-sources. The paper endeavours to find out whether the tax competition has indeed a significant influence on the foreign direct investments flow, or other determinants are equally or more important in this process.
Volume (Year): 56 (2009)
Issue (Month): (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Universitatea Al. I. Cuza; B-dul Carol I nr. 22; Iasi|
Phone: 004 0232 201070
Fax: 004 0232 217000
Web page: http://anale.feaa.uaic.ro/anale/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wolfgang Eggert & Andreas Haufler, 2006.
"Company-Tax Coordination cum Tax-Rate Competition in the European Union,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 62(4), pages 579-601, December.
- Eggert, Wolfgang & Haufler, Andreas, 2006. "Company-tax coordination cum tax-rate competition in the European union," Munich Reprints in Economics 20563, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Eggert, Wolfgang & Haufler, Andreas, 2006. "Company tax coordination cum tax rate competition in the European Union," Discussion Papers in Economics 902, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Wolfgang Eggert & Andreas Haufler, 2006. "Company Tax Coordination cum Tax Rate Competition in the European Union," Ifo Working Paper Series Ifo Working Papers No. 28, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Michael P. Devereux & Rachel Griffith & Alexander Klemm, 2002. "Corporate income tax reforms and international tax competition," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 17(35), pages 449-495, October.
- GaÃ«tan NicodÃ¨me, 2006. "Corporate tax competition and coordination in the European Union: What do we know? Where do we stand?," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 250, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Jeremy Edwards & Michael Keen, 1994.
"Tax competition and Leviathon,"
IFS Working Papers
W94/07, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Nicodeme, Gaetan, 2006. "Corporate Tax Competition and Coordination in the European Union: What do we know? Where do we stand?," MPRA Paper 107, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aic:journl:y:2009:v:56:p:117-132. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sireteanu Napoleon-Alexandru)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.