An Optimal Control Framework For Inter - Regional Dairy Policy Analysis
An eleven-region stochastic coefficient econometric model was estimated and used in an optimal control framework to evaluate the effectiveness of the dairy price support program and marketing orders in reducing and stabilizing government purchases of dairy products. The results showed significant pressure on the reduction of the support price both in the presence and absence of Class I differentials. The optimal control model also showed that the drop in price support levels did not dramatically alter the regional distribution of milk production.
Volume (Year): 24 (1992)
Issue (Month): 02 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/jaae/jaae.htm|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roger K. Conway & Charles B. Hallahan & Richard P. Stillman & Paul T. Prentice, 1990. "Forecasting livestock prices: Fixed and stochastic coefficients estimation comparisons," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(1), pages 15-32.
- Swamy, P. A. V. B. & Tinsley, P. A., 1980.
"Linear prediction and estimation methods for regression models with stationary stochastic coefficients,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 103-142, February.
- P. A. V. B. Swamy & Peter A. Tinsley, 1976. "Linear prediction and estimation methods for regression models with stationary stochastic coefficients," Special Studies Papers 78, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Chang, Ching-Cheng & Stefanou, Spiro E., 1987. "Supply Growth And Dairy Industry Deregulation," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 16(1), April.
- Kendrick, David, 1982. "Caution and probing in a macroeconomic model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 149-170, November.
- Bailey, Kenneth W. & Womack, Abner & Brown, Scott, 1990. "The Impact of Product Demand and Government Intervention on Milk Prices," CNFAP Staff Reports 244128, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:sojoae:29639. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.