The Process of Farm Adjustment: A Critical Review
Farm adjustment is a complex process involving decisions by farmers about a wide range of economic and non-economic factors which influence the farm business and farm family. The economics literature emphasises the importance of economic factors in the adjustment behaviour of farmers. However, the observed adjustment behaviour of farmers does not correspond very closely to that predicted by that literature. Insights from the rural sociology and psychology literature offer new perspectives on farmer behaviour which are of relevance and use to both economic researchers and policy makers concerned with farm adjustment.
Volume (Year): 63 (1995)
Issue (Month): 02 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/Email:
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Davenport, Scott V. & Curthoys, Catherine & Booth, J., 1994. "Developments in Adjustment Policy," 1994 Conference (38th), February 8-10, 1994, Wellington, New Zealand 148165, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- repec:eap:articl:v:6:y:1976:i:3:p:49-68 is not listed on IDEAS
- Boehlje, Michael, 1973. "The Entry-Growth-Exit Processes In Agriculture," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 5(01), July.
- Cary, John W. & Holmes, Bill, 1982. "Relationships Among Farmers' Goals And Farm Adjustment Strategies: Some Empirics Of A Multidimensional Approach," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 26(02), August.
- Leistritz, F. Larry & Ekstrom, Brenda L. & Vreugdenhil, Harvey G., 1987. "Causes and Consequences of Economic Stress in Agriculture: Contrasting the Views of Rural Residents," Agricultural Economics Reports 23167, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:remaae:12329. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.