Producer Price Equalization
Most previous studies of home consumption pricing and producer price equalisation schemes have concentrated on static economic surplus effects under an assumption of a perfectly elastic export demand. This paper compares the effects of different types of producer price equalisation schemes with free trade in the wheat, milk and egg industries allowing for a downward sloping export demand. Average values and variances of prices, quantities, revenues, and economic surplus measures are estimated for each policy in a simulation model allowing a range of values for elasticities of supply and demand, market shares, and variability of supply and export demand. The stabilisation effects of equalisation schemes are evaluated using these estimates.
Volume (Year): 56 (1988)
Issue (Month): 03 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200|
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. W. Longworth, 1966. "The Australian Wheat Industry Stabilization Scheme: An Analytical Model," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 42(1-4), pages 244-255, 03.
- Scandizzo, Pasquale Lucio & Hazell, Peter B.R. & Anderson, Jock R., 1983. "Producers' Price Expectations and the Size of the Welfare Gains from Price Stabilisation," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 51(02), August.
- Cronin, M.R., 1979. "Export Demand Elasticities With Less Than Perfect Markets," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 23(01), April.
- Chris M. Alaouze & A. S. Watson & N. H. Sturgess, 1978. "Oligopoly Pricing in the World Wheat Market," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 60(2), pages 173-185.
- Longworth, John W., 1967. "The Stabilization And Distribution Effects Of The Australian Wheat Industry Stabilization Scheme," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 11(01), June.
- Houck, James P., 1973. "Some Aspects Of Income Stabilization For Primary Producers," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 17(03), December.
- R. M. Parish, 1962. "The Costs Of Protecting The Dairying Industry," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 38(82), pages 167-182, 06.
- M.R. Cronin, 1979. "Export Demand Elasticities With Less Than Perfect Markets," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 23(1), pages 69-72, 04.
- Benton F. Massell, 1969. "Price Stabilization and Welfare," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 83(2), pages 284-298.
- Myers, Robert J. & Piggott, Roley R. & MacAulay, T. Gordon, 1985. "Effects Of Past Australian Wheat Price Policies On Key Industry Variables," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 29(01), April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:remaae:12270. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.