A Note: A Clarification Of The Role Of Yield Uncertainty In Influencing Over-Quota Production
The literature shows that the influence of yield uncertainty on production relative to quota is ambiguous in the case of a single market. This paper uses a two-market framework (quota market and secondary market) with multiplicative yield uncertainty to show that if over-quota production in the absence of yield uncertainty is profitable, then the presence of yield uncertainty is unambiguously a further stimulus to over-quota production. The analysis is discussed in the context of recent changes to the marketing arrangements for Western Australian potatoes.
Volume (Year): 39 (1995)
Issue (Month): 02 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200|
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alston, Julian M. & Quilkey, John J., 1980.
Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 24(03), December.
- Julian M. Alston & John J. Quilkey, 1980. "Insurance Milk," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 24(3), pages 283-290, December.
- R. M. Parish, 1962. "The Costs Of Protecting The Dairying Industry," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 38(82), pages 167-182, 06.
- Fraser, R W, 1986. "Uncertainty and Production Quotas," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 62(178), pages 338-42, September.
- Alston, Julian M. & Freebairn, John W., 1988. "Producer Price Equalization," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 56(03), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ajaeau:22402. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.