A Note: A Clarification Of The Role Of Yield Uncertainty In Influencing Over-Quota Production
The literature shows that the influence of yield uncertainty on production relative to quota is ambiguous in the case of a single market. This paper uses a two-market framework (quota market and secondary market) with multiplicative yield uncertainty to show that if over-quota production in the absence of yield uncertainty is profitable, then the presence of yield uncertainty is unambiguously a further stimulus to over-quota production. The analysis is discussed in the context of recent changes to the marketing arrangements for Western Australian potatoes.
Volume (Year): 39 (1995)
Issue (Month): 02 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200|
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alston, Julian M. & Freebairn, John W., 1988. "Producer Price Equalization," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 56(03), December.
- Alston, Julian M. & Quilkey, John J., 1980.
Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 24(03), December.
- Julian M. Alston & John J. Quilkey, 1980. "Insurance Milk," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 24(3), pages 283-290, December.
- R. M. Parish, 1962. "The Costs Of Protecting The Dairying Industry," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 38(82), pages 167-182, 06.
- Fraser, R W, 1986. "Uncertainty and Production Quotas," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 62(178), pages 338-342, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)