Designing Catastrophe Bonds to Securitize Systemic Risks in Agriculture: The Case of Georgia Cotton
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Schnitkey, Gary D. & Miranda, Mario J., 1993. "The Impact Of Pollution Controls On Livestock-Crop Producers," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(01), July.
- Martinez, Stephen W., 1999. "Vertical Coordination in the Pork and Broiler Industries: Implications for Pork and Chicken Products," Agricultural Economics Reports 34031, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ostap Okhrin & Martin Odening & Wei Xu, 2013.
"Systemic Weather Risk and Crop Insurance: The Case of China,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 80(2), pages 351-372, June.
- Wei Xu & Ostap Okhrin & Martin Odening & Ji Cao, 2010. "Systemic Weather Risk and Crop Insurance: The Case of China," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2010-053, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Mitchell, Paul D. & Knight, Thomas O., 2008.
"Economic Analysis of Supplemental Deductible Coverage as Recommended in the USDA's 2007 Farm Bill Proposal,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(01), pages 117-131, April.
- Mitchell, Paul D. & Knight, Thomas O., 2008. "Economic Analysis of Supplemental Deductible Coverage as Recommended in the USDA's 2007 Farm Bill Proposal," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 37(1), April.
- Mitchell, Paul D. & Knight, Thomas O., 2007. "Economic Analysis of Supplemental Deductible Coverage as Recommended in the USDA's 2007 Farm Bill Proposal," Staff Paper Series 509, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Coble, Keith H. & Barnett, Barry J., 2008.
"Implications of Integrated Commodity Programs and Crop Insurance,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, pages 431-442.
- Coble, Keith H. & Barnett, Barry J., 2008. "Implications of Integrated Commodity Programs and Crop Insurance," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 40(02), August.
- Xu, Wei & Odening, Martin & Musshoff, Oliver, 2008. "Optimal Design of Weather Bonds," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6781, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Turvey, Calum G. & Chantarat, Sommarat, 2006. "Weather-Linked Bonds," Proceedings: 2006 Agricultural and Rural Finance Markets in Transition, October 2-3, 2006; Washington, DC 133091, Regional Research Committee NC-1014: Agricultural and Rural Finance Markets in Transition.
- Zhiwei Shen & Martin Odening, 2013.
"Coping with systemic risk in index-based crop insurance,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 44(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Shen, Zhiwei & Odening, Martin, 2012. "Coping with Systemic Risk in Index-based Crop Insurance," 123rd Seminar, February 23-24, 2012, Dublin, Ireland 122555, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Epperson, James E., 2008. "Securitizing peanut production risk with catastrophe (CAT) bonds," Faculty Series 44512, University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Arnaud Rault & Stéphane Krebs, 2011. "Catastrophic risk and risk management, what do we know about livestock epidemics? State of the art and prospects," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 11-05, INRA UMR SMART-LERECO.
- Rault, Arnaud & Krebs, Stephane, 2011. "Livestock epidemics and catastrophic risk management: State of the art and prospects on economic dynamics," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114793, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsCAT bonds; catastrophe bond pricing; catastrophe insurance; disaster risk; reinsurance; risk securitization; Risk and Uncertainty;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlaare:8610. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/waeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.