The Structure of Models: Understanding Theory Reduction and Testing with a Production Example
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hausman,Daniel M., 1992. "The Inexact and Separate Science of Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521415019, May.
- Arthur Lewbel, 2001. "Demand Systems with and without Errors," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(3), pages 611-618, June.
- George C. Davis, 1997. "The Logic of Testing Structural Change in Meat Demand: A Methodological Analysis and Appraisal," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1186-1192.
- Hausman,Daniel M., 1992. "The Inexact and Separate Science of Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521425230, May.
- Rulon D. Pope & Richard E. Just, 2002. "Random Profits and Duality," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(1), pages 1-7.
- Davis, George C., 1997. "The Formal Logic Of Testing Structural Change In Meat Demand: A Methodological Analysis," Faculty Paper Series 23975, Texas A&M University, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- V. Eldon Ball & Jean-Christophe Bureau & Richard Nehring & Agapi Somwaru, 1997. "Agricultural Productivity Revisited," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1045-1063.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mészáros, Sándor & Szabó, Gábor, 2005. "A hazai agrárökonómiai kutatás a nemzetközi kihívások tükrében. Agrárgazdaság, vidékfejlesztés és agrárinformatika (AVA). Debreceni Egyetem Agrártudományi Centrum, Agrárgazdasági és Vidékfejlesztési K," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(9), pages 707-712.
- Meszaros, Sandor, 2008. "Theory testing (hypothesis testing) in agricultural economics," Studies in Agricultural Economics, Research Institute for Agricultural Economics, issue 107, March.
More about this item
Keywordsmethodology; models; theory reduction; theory testing; Venn diagrams; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlaare:31142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/waeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.