The Impact of Information Technologies on the Organization and Functioning of the Company
The companies became more complex in terms of corporate structure and geographical area because of the globalization process and they are facing a higher and higher data volume, with a higher and higher competition level, especially during crisis moments, which makes the use of the information technologies (IT) a competitive advantage. The objective of this research was to prove the impact of the IT on the company. To this extent, we conducted an empirical research. We launched five hypotheses and in the end we proved that there is a dependency relationship between the size of a company and its degree of use of the IT, between the decision of use of the IT within a company and the organization and the functioning of the company, between the existence of the Internet in a company and its use for various purposes.
Volume (Year): 13 (2011)
Issue (Month): Special No. 5 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://amfiteatrueconomic.ase.ro/Email:
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ariela Caglio, 2003. "Enterprise Resource Planning systems and accountants: towards hybridization?," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 123-153.
- Dumitru Valentin & Florescu Vasile, 2008. "L’Implantation De L’Erp : Facteurs Cles Du Succes Et Impacte Sur La Performance," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 4(1), pages 1353-1357, May.
- Timo Hyvonen, 2003. "Management Accounting And Information Systems: Erp Versus Bob," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 155-173.
- Joanne Locke & Alan Lowe, 2007. "XBRL: An (Open) Source of Enlightenment or Disillusion?," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 585-623.
- Robert Scapens & Mostafa Jazayeri, 2003. "ERP systems and management accounting change: opportunities or impacts? A research note," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 201-233.
- Dechow, Niels & Mouritsen, Jan, 2005. "Enterprise resource planning systems, management control and the quest for integration," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(7-8), pages 691-733.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aes:amfeco:v:13:y:2011:i:specialno5:p:754-770. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentin Dumitru)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.