Horizontal Mergers: Triage and Treatment
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 1 (1987)
Issue (Month): 2 (Fall)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.aeaweb.org/jep/|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.aeaweb.org/subscribe.html|
- Lagerlof, Johan N.M. & Heidhues, Paul, 2005.
"On the desirability of an efficiency defense in merger control,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 23(9-10), pages 803-827, December.
- Johan Lagerlöf & Paul Heidhues, 2002. "On the Desirability of an Efficiency Defense in Merger Control," CIG Working Papers FS IV 02-08, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Heidhues, Paul & Lagerlöf, Johan N. M., 2003. "On the Desirability of an Efficiency Defense in Merger Control," CEPR Discussion Papers 3841, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Johan N. M. Lagerlöf & Paul Heidhues, 2004. "On the Desirability of an Efficiency Defense in Merger Control," Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics 04/24, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London, revised Oct 2004.
- Paul Geroski & Rachel Griffith, 2004. "Identifying Antitrust Markets," Chapters,in: The International Handbook of Competition, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Rajeev K. Tyagi, 1999. "On the relationship between product substitutability and tacit collusion," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(6), pages 293-298.
- Louis Kaplow, 2011. "Market Definition and the Merger Guidelines," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 39(1), pages 107-125, August.
- José J. Sempere Monerris & Rafael Moner Colonques & Amparo Urbano Salvador, 1999. "Strategic policy and international economic integration," Working Papers. Serie AD 1999-05, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Garcia-Gallego, Aurora & Georgantzis, Nikolaos & Gil-Molto, Maria Jose & Orts, Vicente, 2006. "Game-theoretic aspects of international mergers: Theory and case studies," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 395-409, September.
- Geroski, P. A., 1998. "Thinking creatively about markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 677-695, November.
- Geroski, Paul A, 1997. "Thinking Creatively About Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 1694, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joseph A. Clougherty, 2003. "Industry Trade-Balance and Domestic Merger Policy: Some Empirical Evidence from the U.S," CIG Working Papers SP II 2003-19, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Marie Goppelsroeder & Maarten Pieter Schinkel & Jan Tuinstra, 2006. "Quantifying the Scope for Efficiency Defense in Merger Control: The Werden-Froeb-Index," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 06-074/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Goppelsroeder, M. & Schinkel, M.P. & Tuinstra, J., 2006. "Quantifying the Scope for Efficiency Defense in Merger Control: The Werden-Froeb-Index," CeNDEF Working Papers 06-09, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Marcos Avalos & Rafael E. De Hoyos, 2008. "An Empirical Analysis of Mexican Merger Policy," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 32(2), pages 113-130, March.
- Avalos, Marcos & De Hoyos, Rafael E., 2008. "An empirical analysis of Mexican merger policy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4527, The World Bank.
- Marcos Ávalos & Rafael E. de Hoyos, 2010. "An Empirical Analysis of Mexican Merger Policy," Working Papers 0210, Universidad Iberoamericana, Department of Economics.
- Joseph A. Clougherty, 2004. "Antitrust Holdup Source, Cross-National Institutional Variation, and Corporate Political Strategy Implications for Domestic Mergers in a Global Context," CIG Working Papers SP II 2004-09, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- John Lopatka, 2011. "Market Definition?," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 39(1), pages 69-93, August.
- Geroski, Geroski & Rachel Griffith, 2003. "Identifying anti-trust markets," IFS Working Papers W03/01, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Packalen, Mikko & Sen, Anindya, 2013. "Static and dynamic merger effects: A market share based empirical analysis," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 12-24.
- Steven Heubeck & Donald J. Smythe & Jingang Zhao, 2006. "A Note on the Welfare Effects of Horizontal Mergers in Asymmetric Linear Oligopolies," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 7(1), pages 29-47, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jecper:v:1:y:1987:i:2:p:23-40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros)or (Michael P. Albert)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed