The Value of a Life: New Evidence from the Marketplace
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ábrahám, Árpád & Kaderják, Péter & Pál, Gabriella, 2005.
"A csökkenő halálozási és baleseti kockázat közgazdasági értéke Magyarországon. Egy munkaerő-piaci elemzés eredményei
[The economic value of falling risk of death and accident in Hungary. Findings o," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(3), pages 231-248.
- G. Dionne & P. Lanoie, 2002.
"How to Make a Public Choice about the Value of a Statistical Life : The Case of Road Safety,"
THEMA Working Papers
2002-14, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Georges Dionne & Paul Lanoie, 2002. "How to Make a Public Choice About the Value of a Statistical Life: The Case of Road Safety," Cahiers de recherche 02-04, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- David M. Cutler & Elizabeth Richardson, 1999.
"Your Money and Your Life: The Value of Health and What Affects It,"
NBER Chapters,in: Frontiers in Health Policy Research, volume 2, pages 99-132
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Cutler & Elizabeth Richardson, 1999. "Your Money and Your Life: The Value of Health and What Affects It," NBER Working Papers 6895, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robin R. Jenkins & Nicole Owens & Lanelle Bembenek Wiggins, 2001. "Valuing Reduced Risks To Children: The Case Of Bicycle Safety Helmets," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(4), pages 397-408, October.
- Robert Kast & Stéphane Luchini, 2002. "Calcul économique et incertitude socio-politique : une procédure d’évaluation des projets publics," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 156(5), pages 73-84.
- Arthur E. Attema & Werner B.F. Brouwer & Job Van Exel, 2014. "Your Right Arm For A Publication In Aer?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(1), pages 495-502, January.
- Glenn C. Blomquist, 2004.
"Self-Protection and Averting Behavior, Values of Statistical Lives, and Benefit Cost Analysis of Environmental Policy,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 89-110, March.
- Glenn C. Blomquist, 2003. "Self Protection and Averting Behavior, Values of Statistical Lives, and Benefit Cost Analysis of Environmental Policy," NCEE Working Paper Series 200302, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Mar 2003.
- Viscusi, W Kip, 1993. "The Value of Risks to Life and Health," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1912-1946, December.
- Cropper, Maureen L., 2000. "Has Economic Research Answered the Needs of Environmental Policy?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 328-350, May.
- Mikael Svensson, 2009.
"Precautionary behavior and willingness to pay for a mortality risk reduction: Searching for the expected relationship,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 65-85, August.
- Svensson, Mikael, 2007. "Precautionary Behavior and Willingness to Pay for a Mortality Risk Reduction:Searching for the Expected Relationship," Working Papers 2007:3, Örebro University, School of Business, revised 09 Sep 2008.
- Viscusi, W Kip & Aldy, Joseph E, 2003.
"The Value of a Statistical Life: A Critical Review of Market Estimates throughout the World,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 5-76, August.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Joseph E. Aldy, 2003. "The Value of a Statistical Life: A Critical Review of Market Estimates throughout the World," NBER Working Papers 9487, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cropper, Maureen L & Oates, Wallace E, 1992. "Environmental Economics: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(2), pages 675-740, June.
- Hakim, Simon & Shachmurove, Yochanan, 1996. "Social cost benefit analysis of commercial and residential burglar and fire alarms," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 49-67, February.
- Stéphane Luchini, 2002. "De la singularité de la méthode d'évaluation contingente," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 357(1), pages 141-152.
- Hamilton, Stephen F. & Sunding, David L. & Zilberman, David, 2003. "Public goods and the value of product quality regulations: the case of food safety," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(3-4), pages 799-817, March.
- Simon Hakim & George F. Rengert & Yochanan Shachmurove, 1995. "Burglar and Fire Alarms," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2), pages 145-161, April.
- Garbacz, Christopher & Thompson Jr., Herbert G., 2007. "Are smoke detectors as effective as the public health literature reports?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 11-16, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:70:y:1980:i:5:p:1077-82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.