Is Academic Economics Withering in Australia?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John Marangos & Vasiliki Fourmouzi & Minoas Koukouritakis, 2013. "Factors that Determine the Decline in University Student Enrolments in Economics in Australia: An Empirical Investigation," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 89(285), pages 255-270, June.
- William Coleman, 2004. "Running Economics Down: Fact And Fantasy In The Presentation Of Economists In The Media," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 23(1), pages 58-72, March.
- Philip Lewis & Keith Norris, 1997. "Recent Changes In Economics Enrolments," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 16(1), pages 1-13, March.
- Sinclair Davidson, 2013. "Excellence in Research for Australia: An Audit of the Applied Economics Rankings," Agenda - A Journal of Policy Analysis and Reform, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics, vol. 20(2), pages 5-20.
- Anne Elizabeth Daly & Philip E. T. Lewis, 2010. "The Private Rate of Return to an Economics Degree: An Update," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 29(3), pages 353-364, September.
- Philip Maxwell, 2003. "The Rise And Fall (?) Of Economics In Australian Universities," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 22(1), pages 79-92, March.
- David Card & Stefano DellaVigna, 2013. "Nine Facts about Top Journals in Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 51(1), pages 144-161, March.
- Millmow, Ale, 2003. "The Teaching of Economics in Schools: A Problem in the Making?," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 126-135, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:beh:jbepv1:v:1:y:2017:i:s:p:5-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lodewijks, John & Stokes, Anthony & Wright, Sarah, 2016. "Economics: An elite subject soon only available in elite universities?," International Review of Economics Education, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 1-9.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:acb:agenda:v:21:y:2014:i:1:p:69-90. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feanuau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.