Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports
Contact information of De Gruyter:
Web page: http://www.degruyter.com
Download restrictions: For access to full text, subscription to the journal or payment for the individual article is required.
Editor: Jim Albert
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Peter Golla)
Series handle: repec:bpj:jqsprt
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1
2013, Volume 9, Issue 3
- 217-227 Scrambled experts: team handicaps and win probabilities for golf scrambles
by Grasman Scott E. & Thomas Barrett W.
- 229-238 When to challenge a call in tennis: A Markov decision process approach
by Nadimpalli Vamsi K. & Hasenbein John J.
- 239-248 Advanced putting metrics in golf
by Yousefi Kasra & Swartz Tim B.
- 249-270 Odd odds: The UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw
by Klößner Stefan & Becker Martin
- 271-283 Various applications to a more realistic baseball simulator
by Beaudoin David
2013, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-14 Is high-altitude mountaineering Russian roulette?
by Cheng Edward K.
- 15-24 Longitudinal analyses of Olympic athletics and swimming events find no gender gap in performance improvement
by Kovalchik Stephanie Ann & Stefani Ray
- 25-36 Game importance as a dimension of uncertainty of outcome
by Lei Xinrong & Humphreys Brad R.
- 37-50 Determining the level of ability of football teams by dynamic ratings based on the relative discrepancies in scores between adversaries
by Constantinou Anthony Costa & Fenton Norman Elliott
- 51-66 Spain retains its title and sets a new record – generalized linear mixed models on European football championships
by Groll Andreas & Abedieh Jasmin
- 67-76 Determining the Best Track Performances of All Time Using a Conceptual Population Model for Athletics Records
by Stephenson Alec G. & Tawn Jonathan A.
- 77-85 The anatomy of the bank shot in men’s basketball
by Silverberg Larry M.
- 87-96 Importance of attack speed in volleyball
by Fellingham Gilbert W. & Hinkle Lee J. & Hunter Iain
- 97-111 Estimating player contribution in hockey with regularized logistic regression
by Gramacy Robert B. & Taddy Matt & Jensen Shane T.
2012, Volume 8, Issue 4
- 1-28 An Exploratory Study of Minor League Baseball Statistics
by Chandler Gabriel & Stevens Guy
- 1-33 Tournament Selection Efficiency: An Analysis of the PGA TOUR's FedExCup
by Connolly Robert & Rendleman Richard J.
- 1-19 Pace and Critical Gradient for Hill Runners: An Analysis of Race Records
by Kay Anthony
- 1-17 And the 2011 Driving Champion Is? Dustin Johnson
by Heiny Erik L. & Heiny Robert
- 1-15 Predicting the Maximum Lead from Final Scores in Basketball: A Diffusion Model
by Schwarz Wolf
2012, Volume 8, Issue 3
- 1-19 Was There a Structural Break in Barry Bonds's Bat?
by Nieswiadomy Michael L. & Strazicich Mark C. & Clayton Stephen
- 1-44 The Sensitivity of College Football Rankings to Several Modeling Choices
by Karl Andrew T.
- 1-36 Estimating Fielding Ability in Baseball Players Over Time
by Piette James & Jensen Shane T.
- 1-26 Models for Third Down Conversion in the National Football League
by Cafarelli Ryan & Rigdon Christopher J. & Rigdon Steven E.
- 1-24 Adjusted Plus-Minus for NHL Players using Ridge Regression with Goals, Shots, Fenwick, and Corsi
by Macdonald Brian
- 1-23 New Insights on the Tendency of NCAA Basketball Officials to Even Out Foul Calls
by Noecker Cecilia A. & Roback Paul
- 1-19 A Comparison of the Autocorrelation and Variance of NFL Team Strengths Over Time using a Bayesian State-Space Model
by Koopmeiners Joseph S.
- 1-17 The Individual Factors of Successful Free Throw Shooting
by Maymin Allan Z. & Maymin Philip Z. & Shen Eugene
- 1-15 An Analysis of Curling Strategy
by Clement David
2012, Volume 8, Issue 2
- 1-23 Playing Success and Local Market Size in Spanish Football League: Can Small Cities Dream of Winning Teams?
by Sanchez Santos Jose Manuel & Dopico JesÃºs & Castellanos Pablo
- 1-27 Variations in Home Advantage: Evidence from the National Hockey League
by Doyle Joanne M. & Leard Benjamin
- 1-25 Comparing and Forecasting Performances in Different Events of Athletics Using a Probabilistic Model
by Godsey Brian
- 1-23 Testing the On-Court Efficacy of the NBA's Age Eligibility Rule
by Rodenberg Ryan & Kim Jun Woo
- 1-22 Robust Rankings for College Football
by Burer Samuel
- 1-20 Using Conditional Estimates to Simulate In-Play Outcomes in Limited Overs Cricket
by Sargent Jonathan RT & Bedford Anthony
- 1-19 Parsing the Relationship between Baserunning and Batting Abilities within Lineups
by Baumer Ben S. & Piette James & Null Brad
- 1-13 The Dreaded Middle Seeds - Are They the Worst Seeds in the NCAA Basketball Tournament?
by Morris Tracy L. & Bokhari Faryal H.
2012, Volume 8, Issue 1
- 1-13 Did the Best Team Win? Analysis of the 2010 Major League Baseball Postseason Using Monte Carlo Simulation
by Rudelius Thomas W.
- 1-36 Modeling Stadium Statue Subject Choice in U.S. Baseball and English Soccer
by Stride Chris & Thomas Ffion E. & Wilson John P. & Pahigian Josh
- 1-3 Looking Ahead - a Bright Future for JQAS
by Albert Jim
- 1-24 A Proposed Decision Rule for the Timing of Soccer Substitutions
by Myers Bret R.
- 1-20 Random Walk Picture of Basketball Scoring
by Gabel Alan & Redner Sidney
- 1-18 A Markov Model of Football: Using Stochastic Processes to Model a Football Drive
by Goldner Keith
- 1-17 Are the "Four Factors" Indicators of One Factor? An Application of Structural Equation Modeling Methodology to NBA Data in Prediction of Winning Percentage
by Baghal Tarek
- 1-14 Solving the Problem of Inadequate Scoring Rules for Assessing Probabilistic Football Forecast Models
by Constantinou Anthony Costa & Fenton Norman Elliott
- 1-13 Comparing Team Selection and Seeding for the 2011 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament
by Gray Kathy L. & Schwertman Neil C.
- 1-10 Predicting the Outcomes of NCAA Basketball Championship Games
by Stekler Herman O. & Klein Andrew
2011, Volume 7, Issue 4
- 1-19 The Penalty Shot/Optional Minor Choice in Ice Hockey
by Rigdon Steven E.
- 1-50 Going for the Green: A Simulation Study of Qualifying Success Probabilities in Professional Golf
by Connolly Robert A. & Rendleman Richard J.
- 1-4 The Next Step
by Alamar Benjamin C.
- 1-32 Using Tree Ensembles to Analyze National Baseball Hall of Fame Voting Patterns: An Application to Discrimination in BBWAA Voting
by Mills Brian M. & Salaga Steven
- 1-29 Using Local Correlation to Explain Success in Baseball
by Hamrick Jeff & Rasp John
- 1-26 A Hierarchical Bayesian Variable Selection Approach to Major League Baseball Hitting Metrics
by McShane Blakeley B. & Braunstein Alexander & Piette James & Jensen Shane T.
- 1-22 The Methodology of Officially Recognized International Sports Rating Systems
by Stefani Ray
- 1-21 Exploring Competition Performance in Decathlon Using Semi-Parametric Latent Variable Models
by Wimmer Valentin & Fenske Nora & Pyrka Patricia & Fahrmeir Ludwig
- 1-20 An Estimate of How Hitting, Pitching, Fielding, and Basestealing Impact Team Winning Percentages in Baseball
by Pavitt Charles
- 1-18 Scoring Strategies for the Underdog: A General, Quantitative Method for Determining Optimal Sports Strategies
by Skinner Brian
- 1-17 Ups and Downs: Team Performance in Best-of-Seven Playoff Series
by Swartz Tim B. & Tennakoon Aruni & Nathoo Farouk & Tsao Min & Sarohia Parminder
- 1-11 Effect of Differences in Kicking Legs, Kick Directions, and Kick Skill on Kicking Accuracy in Soccer Players
by Nagasawa Yoshinori & Demura Shinichi & Matsuda Shigeki & Uchida Yuu & Demura Tomohiro
2011, Volume 7, Issue 3
- 1-14 Predicting the Atlanta Falcons Play-Calling Using Discriminant Analysis
by Heiny Erik L & Blevins David
- 1-35 Prediction Accuracy of Linear Models for Paired Comparisons in Sports
by Chan Victor
- 1-31 You're Hurting My Game: Lineup Protection and Injuries in Major League Baseball
by Phillips David C
- 1-23 Using Generalizability Theory to Examine Scoring Reliability and Variability of Judging Panels in Skating Competitions
by Huang Jinyan & Foote Chandra J
- 1-22 Comparing Hall of Fame Baseball Players Using Most Valuable Player Ranks
by Kvam Paul H
- 1-20 Home Advantage in American College Football Games: A Multilevel Modelling Approach
by Wang Winnie & Johnston Ron & Jones Kelvyn
- 1-18 Match Analysis of Elite Ice Sledge Hockey in Paralympics 2010
by Häyrinen Mikko & Juntunen Jouni & Blomqvist Minna & Övermark Sami & Molik Bartosz & Kosmol Andrzej & Morgulec-Adamowicz Natalia
- 1-17 Are NFL Coaches Risk and Loss Averse? Evidence from Their Use of Kickoff Strategies
by Urschel John D & Zhuang Jun
- 1-16 Finally, Evidence for a Momentum Effect in the NBA
by Arkes Jeremy & Martinez Jose
- 1-15 Discriminating Factors between Successful and Unsuccessful Teams: A Case Study in Elite Youth Olympic Basketball Games
by Koh Koon Teck & John Wang & Mallett Clifford
- 1-14 Tweaking the NFL's Quarterback Passer Rating for Better Results
by von Dohlen Paul
- 1-13 Responses to Scoring or Conceding the First Goal in the NHL
by Jones Marshall B
- 1-11 Computing the Probability of Winning a Competition with an Application to Horse Races
by Rodriguez Alvaro
2011, Volume 7, Issue 2
- 1-19 Dynamic Effort, Sustainability, Myopia, and 110% Effort
by Shmanske Stephen
- 1-34 Optimal Dynamic Clustering Through Relegation and Promotion: How to Design a Competitive Sports League
by Puterman Martin L & Wang Qingchen
- 1-26 Uncovering Europe's Best Goalscorers from the 2009-2010 Season
by Oberstone Joel
- 1-19 Dependence Relationships between On Field Performance, Wins, and Payroll in Major League Baseball
by Stimel Derek S
- 1-18 An Extension of the Pythagorean Expectation for Association Football
by Hamilton Howard H
- 1-17 The Relationship between Leader Experience and Team Performance in Cross-Sectional and Longitudinal Designs
by Timmerman Thomas
- 1-16 Valuing Nostalgia: The Case of the Topps 1957 Baseball Cards
by Thompson Thomas H & Sen Kabir C
- 1-15 NFL Prediction using Committees of Artificial Neural Networks
by David John A. & Pasteur R. Drew & Ahmad M. Saif & Janning Michael C.
- 1-14 An Alternative to the NFL Draft Pick Value Chart Based upon Player Performance
by Schuckers Michael
- 1-13 Pitcher Accuracy Through Catcher Spotting: Assessing Rater Reliability
by Thomas Andrew
- 1-12 Reconsideration of the Best Batting Order in Baseball: Is the Order to Maximize the Expected Number of Runs Really the Best?
by Hirotsu Nobuyoshi
- 1-11 Defining the Performance Coefficient in Golf: A Case Study at the 2009 Masters
by Hoegh Andrew
- 1-10 Monte Carlo Simulation for High School Football Playoff Seed Projection
by Pasteur R. Drew & Janning Michael C.
2011, Volume 7, Issue 1
- 1-15 Model Averaging in Factor Analysis: An Analysis of Olympic Decathlon Data
by Schomaker Michael & Heumann Christian
- 1-47 How to Catch a Tiger: Understanding Putting Performance on the PGA TOUR
by Fearing Douglas & Acimovic Jason & Graves Stephen C
- 1-19 Optimal Targets for the Bank Shot in Men's Basketball
by Silverberg Larry M & Tran Chau M & Adams Taylor M
- 1-18 Comparing Team Performance of the English Premier League, Serie A, and La Liga for the 2008-2009 Season
by Oberstone Joel
- 1-17 Adjusting Winning-Percentage Standard Deviations and a Measure of Competitive Balance for Home Advantage
by Trandel Gregory A & Maxcy Joel G
- 1-15 Study of the Technical and Tactical Variables Determining Set Win or Loss in Top-Level European Men's Volleyball
by Rodriguez-Ruiz David & Quiroga Miriam E. & Miralles Jose A. & Sarmiento Samuel & de Saá Yves & García-Manso Juan M.
- 1-13 Socioeconomic Predictors of the 2010 FIFA World Cup
by Imperiale-Hagerman Stephen
- 1-12 Yellow Cards: Do They Matter?
by Anders Anne & Rotthoff Kurt W
- 1-11 Having the Second Leg at Home - Advantage in the UEFA Champions League Knockout Phase?
by Eugster Manuel J. A. & Gertheiss Jan & Kaiser Sebastian
2010, Volume 6, Issue 4
- 1-17 Evaluation of Individual and Team Judo Strengths Using AHP Technique and Team Competition Data
by Hirose Nobuyoshi & Nakamura Mitsuru & Hirotsu Nobuyoshi & Yoshimura Masafumi & Suganami Morio & Maekawa Naoya
- 1-36 That's the Second-Biggest Hitting Streak I've Ever Seen! Verifying Simulated Historical Extremes in Baseball
by Thomas Andrew C
- 1-31 Who Deserved the 2008-2009 Belgian Football Champion Title? A Semiparametric Answer
by Geenens Gery
- 1-30 Using the Count to Measure Pitching Performance
by Albert Jim
- 1-25 A Markov Process Model of the Number of Years Spent in Major League Baseball
by Krautmann Anthony C. & Ciecka James E. & Skoog Gary R.
- 1-19 A Closer Look at the Relative Age Effect in the National Hockey League
by Addona Vittorio & Yates Philip A
- 1-17 A Simplified Analysis of Contemporary Defensive Performance in the National Football League
by Morrison Harry L
- 1-15 A Game-Theoretic Approach to Personnel Decisions in American Football
by McGough Erin & Clemons Curtis & Ferrara Michael & Norfolk Timothy & Young Gerald W
- 1-12 Relationship between the Opponent Block and the Hitter in Elite Male Volleyball
by Araújo Rui Manuel & Castro José & Marcelino Rui & Mesquita Isabel R
2010, Volume 6, Issue 3
- 1-18 Home Advantage in Three National Netball Competitions: Australia (1997-2007), New Zealand (1998-2007) and England (2005/06-2008/09)
by Pledger Megan J & Morton R. Hugh
- 1-23 An Improved LRMC Method for NCAA Basketball Prediction
by Brown Mark & Sokol Joel
- 1-21 Scoring Variables and Judge Bias in United States Dressage Competitions
by Diaz Ana E. & Johnston Mary S. & Lucitti Jennifer & Neckameyer Wendi S. & Moran Katy M.
- 1-20 Rating/Ranking Systems, Post-Season Bowl Games, and "The Spread"
by Trono John A.
- 1-19 Relative Importance of Performance Factors in Winning NBA Games in Regular Season versus Playoffs
by Teramoto Masaru & Cross Chad L.
- 1-18 An Examination of Judging Consistency in a Combat Sport
by Myers Tony & Nevill Alan M & Al-Nakeeb Yahya
- 1-17 A Point-Mass Mixture Random Effects Model for Pitching Metrics
by Piette James & Braunstein Alexander & McShane Blakeley B & Jensen Shane T.
- 1-14 Simply Better: Using Regression Models to Estimate Major League Batting Averages
by Neal Dan & Tan James & Hao Feng & Wu Samuel S
- 1-13 Validation of Match Notation (A Coding System) in Tennis
by Hizan Hazuan & Whipp Peter R & Reid Machar
- 1-11 A New Approach in the Evaluation of Team Chess Championships Rankings
by Jeremic Veljko Milojko & Radojicic Zoran
2010, Volume 6, Issue 2
- 1-10 Using Game Theory to Optimize Performance in a Best-of-N Set Match
by Barnett Tristan & Zeleznikow John & MacMahon Clare
- 1-9 Measuring Risk in NFL Playcalling
by Alamar Benjamin C
- 1-37 Using Random Forests and Simulated Annealing to Predict Probabilities of Election to the Baseball Hall of Fame
by Freiman Michael H.
- 1-30 Visualization of Crew Race Performance: Drives and Duels
by Cornett Jeffrey L
- 1-3 The 2009 New England Symposium on Statistics in Sports
by Glickman Mark & Evans Scott
- 1-24 A Spatial Multidimensional Unfolding Choice Model for Examining the Heterogeneous Expressions of Sports Fan Avidity
by DeSarbo Wayne S.
- 1-23 Valuations of Soccer Players from Statistical Performance Data
by Tunaru Radu S & Viney Howard P
- 1-19 Predicting Overtime with the Pythagorean Formula
by Rosenfeld Jason W. & Fisher Jake I & Adler Daniel & Morris Carl
- 1-16 Quantifying the Effect of Performance-Enhancing Drug Use on Fastball Velocity in Major League Baseball
by Addona Vittorio & Roth Jeremy
- 1-15 Receiver Operating Characteristic (ROC) Curves for Measuring the Quality of Decisions in Cricket
by Manage Ananda B. W. & Mallawaarachchi Kumudu & Wijekularathna Kanchana
- 1-14 Skill Importance in Women's Volleyball
by Miskin Michelle A & Fellingham Gilbert W & Florence Lindsay W
- 1-11 Anomalies in Tournament Design: The Madness of March Madness
by Baumann Robert & Matheson Victor A. & Howe Cara A.
2010, Volume 6, Issue 1
- 1-15 Negotiating Salaries through Quantile Regression
by Wiseman Frederick & Chatterjee Sangit
- 1-25 Scoring and Shooting Abilities of NBA Players
by Piette James & Anand Sathyanarayan & Zhang Kai
- 1-24 Do Fans Matter? The Effect of Attendance on the Outcomes of Major League Baseball Games
by Smith Erin E & Groetzinger Jon D.
- 1-19 Comparing English Premier League Goalkeepers: Identifying the Pitch Actions that Differentiate the Best from the Rest
by Oberstone Joel
- 1-18 The Price of Anarchy in Basketball
by Skinner Brian
- 1-16 Consistency and Pythagoras
by Braunstein Alexander
- 1-14 NHL Draft Order Based on Mathematical Elimination
by Gold Adam M
- 1-12 Revisiting the Hot Hand Theory with Free Throw Data in a Multivariate Framework
by Arkes Jeremy
2009, Volume 5, Issue 4
- 1-40 Testing the Commitment Hypothesis in Contractual Settings: Evidence from Soccer
by Carbonell-Nicolau Oriol & Comin Diego
- 1-26 Was Bradman Denied His Prime?
by Bracewell Paul J & Farhadieh Farinaz & Jowett Clint A & Forbes Don G. R. & Meyer Denny H
- 1-20 Cruel and Unusual Punishment? An Analysis of Point Deduction in European Association Football Leagues
by Cunniffe Nik J & Cook Alex R
- 1-13 Can Recruiting Rankings Predict the Success of NCAA Division I Football Teams? An Examination of the Relationships among Rivals and Scouts Recruiting Rankings and Jeff Sagarin End-of-Season Ratings in Collegiate Football
by Herda Trent J & Ryan Eric D & DeFreitas Jason M & Costa Pablo B & Walter Ashley A & Hoge Katherine M & Weir Joseph P & Cramer Joel T
2009, Volume 5, Issue 3
- 1-15 Research on the Prediction of the likely Winners of the Euro 2008 Football Tournament
by Halicioglu Ferda
- 1-44 Monte Carlo Tennis: A Stochastic Markov Chain Model
by Newton Paul K & Aslam Kamran
- 1-34 Dominance, Intimidation, and 'Choking' on the PGA Tour
by Connolly Robert A. & Rendleman Richard J
- 1-29 Differentiating the Top English Premier League Football Clubs from the Rest of the Pack: Identifying the Keys to Success
by Oberstone Joel
- 1-27 NCAA Tournament Games: The Real Nitty-Gritty
by Coleman Jay & Lynch Allen K
- 1-21 A Parametric Control Chart for Monitoring Individual Batting Performances in Cricket
by Bracewell Paul J & Ruggiero Katya
- 1-19 Estimating Quality in Home Advantage and Competitive Balance in the Portuguese Football League
by Marques António Cardoso
- 1-15 Modeling Tactical Changes of Formation in Association Football as a Non-Zero-Sum Game
by Hirotsu Nobuyoshi & Ito Masamitsu & Miyaji Chikara & Hamano Koji & Taguchi Azuma
- 1-14 The Effect of the Scoring System Changes in Volleyball: A Model and an Empirical Test
by Kovacs Balazs
- 1-13 Testing for Bias and Manipulation in the National Basketball Association Playoffs
by Zimmer Timothy & Kuethe Todd H
2009, Volume 5, Issue 2
- 1-26 A Statistical Analysis of NFL Quarterback Rating Variables
by Stimel Derek
- 1-38 Modeling Baseball Player Ability with a Nested Dirichlet Distribution
by Null Brad
- 1-34 Optimizing Football Game Play Calling
by Jordan Jeremy D & Melouk Sharif H & Perry Marcus B
- 1-25 Scramble Teams for the Pinehurst Terrapin Classic
by Ball Michael O & Halper Russell
- 1-22 A New Handicapping System for Golf
by Swartz Tim B
- 1-21 Assessing Methods for College Football Rankings
by Gill Ryan & Keating Jerome
- 1-20 Keeping the Hitter Off Balance: Mixed Strategies in Baseball
by Weinstein-Gould Jesse
- 1-18 Using Simulation to Estimate the Impact of Baserunning Ability in Baseball
by Baumer Ben S
- 1-13 Pythagoras and the National Hockey League
by Cochran James J & Blackstock Rob
- 1-10 Chasing DiMaggio: Streaks in Simulated Seasons Using Non-Constant At-Bats
by Rockoff David M. & Yates Philip A
2009, Volume 5, Issue 1
- 1-30 Importance of Teammate Fit: Frescoball Example
by Oliver Dean & Fienen Mike N
- 1-63 Match Play: Using Statistical Methods to Categorize PGA Tour Players' Careers
by Puterman Martin L & Wittman Stefan M
- 1-25 Determining the Evenness of Domestic Sporting Competition Using a Generic Rating Engine
by Bracewell Paul J & Forbes Don G. R. & Jowett Clint A. & Kitson Heath I. J.
- 1-24 Analysis and Evolution of Efficiency in the Spanish Soccer League (2000/01 - 2007/08)
by Sala-Garrido Ramon & Liern Carrión Vicente & Martinez Esteve Aurelio & Boscá José E.
- 1-23 Defining the Style of Play in the NHL: An Application of Cluster Analysis
by Vincent Claude B & Eastman Byron
- 1-21 Predicting Baseball Hall of Fame Membership using a Radial Basis Function Network
by Smith Lloyd & Downey James
- 1-20 Estimating the Effect of the Red Card in Soccer: When to Commit an Offense in Exchange for Preventing a Goal Opportunity
by Vecer Jan & Kopriva Frantisek & Ichiba Tomoyuki
- 1-19 Offense-Defense Approach to Ranking Team Sports
by Govan Anjela Y & Langville Amy N & Meyer Carl D
- 1-17 Predicting NBA Games Using Neural Networks
by Loeffelholz Bernard & Bednar Earl & Bauer Kenneth W
2008, Volume 4, Issue 4
- 1-17 Shifting the 'Goal Posts': Optimizing the Allocation of Competition Points for Sporting Contests
by Winchester Niven
- 1-8 Slugging Percentage in Differing Baseball Counts
by Hopkins Tharemy & Magel Rhonda C.
- 1-46 Determining Hall of Fame Status for Major League Baseball Using an Artificial Neural Network
by Young William A & Holland William S & Weckman Gary R
- 1-14 Linear Inference for Paired Comparisons
by Annis David H. & Davis J. Wade
2008, Volume 4, Issue 3
- 1-66 Quantifying NFL Coaching: A Proof of New Growth Theory
by Braig Kevin P.
- 1-24 U-Scores for Multivariate Data in Sports
by Wittkowski Knut M. & Song Tingting & Anderson Kent & Daniels John E.
- 1-23 Univariate and Multivariate Autoregressive Time Series Models of Offensive Baseball Performance: 1901-2005
by Kaplan David
- 1-21 A New Application of Linear Modeling in the Prediction of College Football Bowl Outcomes and the Development of Team Ratings
by West Brady T & Lamsal Madhur
- 1-17 Did Steroid Use Enhance the Performance of the Mitchell Batters? The Effect of Alleged Performance Enhancing Drug Use on Offensive Performance from 1995 to 2007
by Schmotzer Brian J & Switchenko Jeff & Kilgo Patrick D
- 1-15 A Note on Team-Specific Home Advantage in the NBA
by Jones Marshall B
- 1-13 Reweighting the Bowl Championship Series
by Buchman Susan & Kadane Joseph B.
2008, Volume 4, Issue 2
- 1-13 The Passing Premium Puzzle Revisited
by Rockerbie Duane W.
- 1-3 New England Symposium on Statistics in Sports
by Evans Scott & Glickman Mark
- 1-23 Probability Formulas and Statistical Analysis in Tennis
by O'Malley A. James
- 1-21 Racial Bias in the NBA: Implications in Betting Markets
by Larsen Tim & Price Joe & Wolfers Justin
- 1-20 In Search of the "Last-Ups" Advantage in Baseball: A Game-Theoretic Approach
by Turocy Theodore L.
- 1-18 Improving Major League Baseball Park Factor Estimates
by Acharya Rohit A & Ahmed Alexander J & D'Amour Alexander N & Lu Haibo & Morris Carl N & Oglevee Bradley D & Peterson Andrew W & Swift Robert N
- 1-17 Composite Poisson Models for Goal Scoring
by Everson Phil & Goldsmith-Pinkham Paul S
- 1-16 Skill Evaluation in Women's Volleyball
by Florence Lindsay W & Fellingham Gilbert W & Vehrs Pat R. & Mortensen Nina P.
- 1-15 Estimating Situational Effects on OPS
by Yates Philip A
- 1-14 Probability and Statistical Models for Racing
by Lo Victor S & Bacon-Shone John
- 1-13 Why On-Base Percentage is a Better Indicator of Future Performance than Batting Average: An Algebraic Proof
by Baumer Ben S
- 1-11 Isolating the Effect of Individual Linemen on the Passing Game in the National Football League
by Alamar Benjamin C & Weinstein-Gould Jesse
- 1-10 Improving Golf Instruction with the iClub Motion Capture Technology
by Mehta Arun M & Mehta Cyrus R
2008, Volume 4, Issue 1
- 1-41 Estimated Age Effects in Baseball
by Fair Ray C
- 1-34 Streaky Hitting in Baseball
by Albert Jim
- 1-24 The Curse of Scoreless Draws in Soccer: The Relationship with a Team's Offensive, Defensive, and Overall Performance
by Van Calster Ben & Smits Tim & Van Huffel Sabine
- 1-19 Data Clustering for Fitting Parameters of a Markov Chain Model of Multi-Game Playoff Series
by Rump Christopher M
2007, Volume 3, Issue 4
- 1-18 Using Box-Scores to Determine a Position's Contribution to Winning Basketball Games
by Page Garritt L & Fellingham Gilbert W & Reese C. Shane
- 1-20 The Ryder Cup: Are Balanced Four-Ball Pairings Optimal?
by Hurley William J
- 1-16 Home Advantage in the NBA as a Game-Long Process
by Jones Marshall B
- 1-15 Grouping of Decathlon Disciplines
by Woolf Anne & Ansley Les & Bidgood Penelope
- 1-12 Position Play in Carom Billiards as a Markov Process
by Bouville Mathieu
- 1-11 Does Effectiveness of Skill in Complex I Predict Win in Men's Olympic Volleyball Games?
by Zetou Eleni & Moustakidis Athanasios & Tsigilis Nikolaos & Komninakidou Andromahi
2007, Volume 3, Issue 3
- 1-17 Inter-arrival Times of Goals in Ice Hockey
by Thomas Andrew C