Financing Constraints and Firm Inventory Investment: A Reexamination
AbstractThis paper shows that small firms inventory investment is substantially more sensitive (relative to large firms) to cash flow than previously recognized. Consequently, the strength of financing constraints on inventory investment may have been understated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Econometrics with number 0503019.
Date of creation: 22 Mar 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://126.96.36.199
Inventories; Dynamic Panel Models;
Other versions of this item:
- Tsoukalas, John D., 2006. "Financing constraints and firm inventory investment: A reexamination," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 266-271, February.
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
- C3 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables
- C4 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- C8 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-04-16 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert E. Carpenter & Steven M. Fazzari & Bruce C. Petersen, 1994. "Inventory (Dis)Investment, Internal Finance Fluctuations, and the Business Cycle," Macroeconomics 9401001, EconWPA.
- Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1993.
"Monetary policy, business cycles and the behavior of small manufacturing firms,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
93-4, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gertler, Mark & Gilchrist, Simon, 1994. "Monetary Policy, Business Cycles, and the Behavior of Small Manufacturing Firms," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 109(2), pages 309-40, May.
- Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1991. "Monetary Policy, Business Cycles and the Behavior of Small Manufacturing Firms," NBER Working Papers 3892, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Carpenter & Steven M. Fazzari & Bruce C. Petersen, 1998. "Financing Constraints And Inventory Investment: A Comparative Study With High-Frequency Panel Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 513-519, November.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Smith, Ron, 1995.
"Estimating long-run relationships from dynamic heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 79-113, July.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Smith, R., 1992. "Estimating Long-Run Relationships From Dynamic Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9215, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Alan S. Blinder & Louis J. Maccini, 1991. "Taking Stock: A Critical Assessment of Recent Research on Inventories," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 73-96, Winter.
- Kashyap, Anil K & Lamont, Owen A & Stein, Jeremy C, 1994.
"Credit Conditions and the Cyclical Behavior of Inventories,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 109(3), pages 565-92, August.
- Anil K. Kashyap & Owen A. Lamont & Jeremy C. Stein, 1993. "Credit conditions and the cyclical behavior of inventories," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 93-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Gianni La Cava, 2013. "Inventory Investment in Australia and the Global Financial Crisis," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2013-13, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Parinduri, Rasyad, 2012.
"The effects of owners' family hardship on micro and small firms' growth: an evidence from Indonesia,"
39039, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rasyad A. Parinduri, 2014. "Family Hardship and the Growth of Micro and Small Firms in Indonesia," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(1), pages 53-73, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.