Consistency and the Walrasian allocations correspondence
AbstractWe characterize the Walrasian allocations correspondence, in classes of exchange economies with smooth and convex preferences, by means of consistency requirements and other axioms. We present three characterization results; all of which require consistency, converse consistency and standard axioms. Two characterizations hold also on domains with a finite number of potential agents, one of them requires envy freeness (with respect to trades) and the other--core selection; a third characterization, that requires core selection, applies only to a variable number of agents domain, but is valid also when the domain includes only a small variety of preferences.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra in its series Economics Working Papers with number 151.
Date of creation: Jan 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econ.upf.edu/
Other versions of this item:
- Nir Dagan, 1996. "Consistency and the Walrasian Allocations Correspondence," Economic theory and game theory 012, Nir Dagan.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomson, William & Zhou, Lin, 1993. "Consistent Solutions in Atomless Economies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(3), pages 575-87, May.
- Peleg, Bezalel, 1985. "An axiomatization of the core of cooperative games without side payments," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 203-214, April.
- Nouweland, C.G.A.M. van den & Peleg, B. & Tijs, S.H., 1994.
"Axiomatic characterizations of the Walras correspondence for generalized economies,"
1994-58, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- van den Nouweland, A. & Peleg, B. & Tijs, S., 1996. "Axiomatic characterizations of the Walras correspondence for generalized economies," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 355-372.
- Nouweland, C.G.A.M. van den & Peleg, B. & Tijs, S.H., 1996. "Axiomatic characterizations of the Walras correspondence for generalized economies," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-72933, Tilburg University.
- Nir Dagan, 1995.
"Consistent solutions in exchange economies: A characterization of the price mechanism,"
Economics Working Papers
141, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Nir Dagan, 1995. "Consistent Solutions in Exchange Economies: a Characterization of the Price Mechanism," Economic theory and game theory 011, Nir Dagan.
- Lensberg, Terje, 1988. "Stability and the Nash solution," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 330-341, August.
- Hart, Sergiu & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1989. "Potential, Value, and Consistency," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 589-614, May.
- Peleg, B, 1986. "On the Reduced Game Property and Its Converse," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 187-200.
- Schummer, J. & Thomson, W., 1996.
"Two Derivations of the Uniform Rule and an Application to Bankruptcy,"
RCER Working Papers
423, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Schummer, James & Thomson, William, 1997. "Two derivations of the uniform rule and an application to bankruptcy," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 333-337, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.