International Asset Pricing with Risk-Sensitive Rare Events
AbstractWe propose a frictionless general equilibrium model in which two international consumers with recursive preferences trade two consumption goods and a complete set of date and state contingent securities. Consumption home bias and concern for the temporal distribution of risk generate rich dynamics for international prices and quantities. In our model, exchange rate movements are as volatile as they are in the data. Furthermore, both the volatility of the exchange rate movements and risk-premia are endogenously time varying and history dependent.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Economic Dynamics in its series 2010 Meeting Papers with number 176.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Society for Economic Dynamics Christian Zimmermann Economic Research Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis PO Box 442 St. Louis MO 63166-0442 USA
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/society.htm
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Xavier Gabaix & Samuel Fraiberg & Romain Ranciere & Adrien Verdehlha & Emmanuel Farhi, 2010.
"Crash Risk in Currency Market,"
2010 Meeting Papers
640, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Farhi, Emmanuel & Fraiberger, Samuel P. & Gabaix, Xavier & Rancière, Romain & Verdelhan, Adrien, 2009. "Crash Risk in Currency Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 7322, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Emmanuel Farhi & Samuel Paul Fraiberger & Xavier Gabaix & Romain Ranciere & Adrien Verdelhan, 2009. "Crash Risk in Currency Markets," NBER Working Papers 15062, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gagnon, Joseph E., 1993.
"Exchange rate variability and the level of international trade,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3-4), pages 269-287, May.
- Joseph E. Gagnon, 1989. "Exchange rate variability and the level of international trade," International Finance Discussion Papers 369, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Riccardo Colacito & Mariano Croce, 2005.
"Risks For The Long Run And The Real Exchange Rate,"
2005 Meeting Papers
794, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Hanno Lustig & Nikolai Roussanov & Adrien Verdelhan, 2008.
"Common Risk Factors in Currency Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
14082, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roberto Rigobon & Anna Pavlova, 2004.
"Asset Prices and Exchange Rates,"
Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings
579, Econometric Society.
- Anna Pavlova & Roberto Rigobon, 2003. "Asset Prices and Exchange Rates," NBER Working Papers 9834, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pavlova, Anna & Rigobon, Roberto, 2004. "Asset Prices and Exchange Rates," Working papers 4322-03, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Pavlova, Anna & Rigobon, Roberto, 2003. "Asset Prices and Exchange Rates," Working papers 4322-03, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Kollmann, Robert, 1996.
"Incomplete asset markets and the cross-country consumption correlation puzzle,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 945-961, May.
- Robert Kollmann, 1996. "Incomplete asset markets and the cross-country consumption correlation puzzle," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/7640, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Xavier Gabaix, 2008.
"Variable Rare Disasters: An Exactly Solved Framework for Ten Puzzles in Macro-Finance,"
NBER Working Papers
13724, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xavier Gabaix, 2012. "Variable Rare Disasters: An Exactly Solved Framework for Ten Puzzles in Macro-Finance," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 127(2), pages 645-700.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.