România în perioada post-criză: investiţiile străine directe şi efecte asupra echilibrului financiar extern
[Romania in post-crisis period: foreign direct investments and effects on external financial balance]
AbstractUnder the circumstances of the global crisis effects on risk appetite of international investors, the net FDI flows in Romania registered a sharp fall in post-crisis period to levels of 1/5 as compared to 2008. Even if the current account deficits of Romania have significantly decreased in the post-crisis years, their coverage by FDI has been reduced below 1/3. The financial performances of foreign companies operating in Romania have worsened, which, besides the erosion of comparative advantages, is increasing the risk of closing businesses and of capital outflows. Taking into account also the major contribution of companies with foreign capital to Romania’s exports (about 70%) the recovery of FDI inflows, helped by adequate measures in order to regain the investor’s confidence and to improve the business environment has become of crucial importance for the perspectives of the country’s external financial stability on medium and long run.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 46531.
Date of creation: 15 Mar 2013
Date of revision:
global crisis; foreign direct investments; external financial balance; debt sustainability; foreign trade.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- O24 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Trade Policy; Factor Movement; Foreign Exchange Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Escaith, Hubert & Gonguet, Fabien, 2009. "International Trade and Real Transmission Channels of Financial Shocks in Globalized Production Networks," MPRA Paper 15558, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zaman, Gheorghe & Georgescu, George, 2011. "Sovereign risk and debt sustainability: warning levels for Romania," MPRA Paper 32924, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Georgescu, George, 2006. "Inward Processing Trade and Implications for the Balance of Payments Current Account (The Case of Romania)," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 3(1), pages 24-31, March.
- Georgescu, George, 2007. "Current Account Deficits and Implications on Country Risk of Romania," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 4(4), pages 88-96, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.