Changes In The Pattern Of Romania’S Foreign Trade Under The Global Crisis Impact
AbstractThe pattern of international trade flows has witnessed significant changes under the global crisis impact. In the case of Romania, paradoxically for an emerging country, in terms of product composition during 2007-2010, the share of capital goods decreased in total imports and increased in total exports, while the share of intermediate goods recorded an opposite development. In terms of competitiveness, no evidence of significant changes has been found, the most important export chapters having comparative advantages related to processing trade operations. The lack of an export strategy and of appropriate policies able to sustain Romanian exporters on foreign markets, mainly extra-EU, has become obvious.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute of National Economy in its journal Romanian Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 35 (2012(XXII))
Issue (Month): 2(44) (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13 Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 318.24.67
Fax: 004 021 318.24.67
Web page: http://www.ien.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Global Crisis; International Trade; International Competitiveness; Processing Trade; Export Strategy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gheorghe Zaman & Valentina Vasile & Mirela Matei & Carmen Croitoru & George Enescu, 2011.
"Aspecte ale impactului ISD din România asupra exporturilor si dezvoltarii durabile,"
Romanian Journal of Economics,
Institute of National Economy, vol. 33(2(bis)(42), pages 130-190, December.
- Gheorghe Zaman & Valentina Vasile & Mirela Matei & Carmen Croitoru & George Enescu, 2011. "Aspecte ale impactului ISD din România asupra exporturilor si dezvoltarii durabile," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 33(2(42)), pages 1-60, Decembrie.
- Nicolas Berman, 2009. "Financial Crises and International Trade: The Long Way to Recovery," Economics Working Papers ECO2009/23, European University Institute.
- Georgescu, George, 2007. "Current Account Deficits and Implications on Country Risk of Romania," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 4(4), pages 88-96, December.
- Pelinescu, Elena & Radulescu, Magdalena, 2009. "The Impact of Foreign Direct Investment on the Economic Growth and Countries’ Export Potential," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 153-169, December.
- Zaman, Gheorghe & Georgescu, George, 2011. "Sovereign risk and debt sustainability: warning levels for Romania," MPRA Paper 32924, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentina Vasile).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.