Impactul crizei globale asupra structurii comerţului exterior al României
[The Global Crisis Impact on Romanian Trade Structure]
AbstractUnder the global crisis impact the structure of international trade flows witnessed significant changes. In the case of Romania, paradoxically for an emerging country, in terms of product composition during 2007-2010, the share of capital goods decreased in total imports and increased in total exports, while the share of intermediate goods recorded an opposite development. In terms of competitiveness, no evidence of significant changes has been found, the most important export chapters having comparative advantages connected with the processing trade operations. Obviously, Romania lacks an export strategy able to sustain the national exporters on new foreign markets and reducing the trade balance deficits.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 36339.
Date of creation: 10 Jan 2012
Date of revision:
Global Crisis; International Trade; International Competitiveness; Processing Trade; Export Strategy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nicolas Berman, 2009. "Financial Crises and International Trade: The Long Way to Recovery," Economics Working Papers ECO2009/23, European University Institute.
- Escaith, Hubert & Lindenberg, Nannette & Miroudot, Sébastien, 2010. "International Supply Chains and Trade Elasticity in Times of Global Crisis," MPRA Paper 20478, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdul Abiad & Petia Topalova & Prachi Mishra, 2011. "How Does Trade Evolve in the Aftermath of Financial Crises?," IMF Working Papers 11/3, International Monetary Fund.
- Zaman, Gheorghe & Georgescu, George, 2011. "Sovereign risk and debt sustainability: warning levels for Romania," MPRA Paper 32924, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Georgescu, George, 2007. "Current Account Deficits and Implications on Country Risk of Romania," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 4(4), pages 88-96, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.